Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Notam to big area !

Author
giannisd
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Have look at the attached, the area is only 500 mt radius,  not  9,3 Km  

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Incorrect. The NOTAM has been published with a radius of 9.3km and that is therefore what we display. It is up to the publisher of the NOTAM to decide what effective radius it has; you would have to ask them why they chose this value given what the text of the NOTAM says.
giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 12/31/2016 3:14:47 PM
Incorrect. The NOTAM has been published with a radius of 9.3km and that is therefore what we display. It is up to the publisher of the NOTAM to decide what effective radius it has; you would have to ask them why they chose this value given what the text of the NOTAM says.

Tim, but the notam says circle of radius 500,0 mt, do you know the Notam number ? so I can double check ?
regards,‌

giannisd
giannisd

Tim, but the notam says circle of radius 500,0 mt, do you know the Notam number ? so I can double check ?
regards,‌
giannisd - 1/4/2017 5:26:40 PM

regards,‌

attached ENR page as per NOTAM

giannisd
giannisd

regards,‌

regards,‌

giannisd - 1/4/2017 5:47:59 PM

regards,‌

regards,‌

Another question: why when NOTAM specify a poligon area limited by coordinates you publish the area as circle ?

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
This is NOTAM M5486/16 which has a Q-line which reads (my bold, which I have decoded below): 

‌LIMM/QWULW/IV/NBO/W/000/005/4519N01055E005

This‌ specifies a circle from 000(x100')agl to 005(x100')agl centred at 4519N 01055E with a radius‌ of 005nm (=9.3km) - which is exactly what SkyDemon has drawn. In short, the NOTAM has been filed incorrectly by the authorities. The is nothing Tim and his team can do to correct this.

(‌edited to fix a couple of touch-screen keyboard typos)‌

Edited 1/5/2017 12:59:06 PM by T67M
giannisd
giannisd
T67M - 1/5/2017 12:59:06 PM
This is NOTAM M5486/16 which has a Q-line which reads (my bold, which I have decoded below): 

‌LIMM/QWULW/IV/NBO/W/000/005/4519N01055E005

This‌ specifies a circle from 000(x100')agl to 005(x100')agl centred at 4519N 01055E with a radius‌ of 005nm (=9.3km) - which is exactly what SkyDemon has drawn. In short, the NOTAM has been filed incorrectly by the authorities. The is nothing Tim and his team can do to correct this.

(‌edited to fix a couple of touch-screen keyboard typos)‌

a) I found the NOTAM, you right, is a mistake in our AIP but, ‌M identify Military Exclusive Interest. Do you need to publish such Notams ? Is up to you, but to my opinion you can avoid.  I noted that this afternoon you updated Italy air space and M Notams  disappear, good choice !.
‌c) Another suggestion‌: "Ghedi ATZ Information ATS..."  the circle is over the ATZ area, maybe you can reduce it to overlap to ATZ polygon only. (not urgent)

d) GR12, (the circle) "Aliscarlino ‌Area Microlight" is "Scarlino ULM" (not urgent)
e) LIQQ better known as just  "SERRISTORI" (not urgent :-)
‌regards,
Gianni‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
NOTAM are essentially circles of influence around a well-defined point. In some cases we are able to more specifically narrow down the displayed area, but only in special well-defined circumstances as they were never designed to convey geospatial information. We can generally display polygons and lines if the coordinates are well formatted.

SkyDemon is used by militaries throughout Europe and NOTAM do not have a flag saying "military interest only" so we are unable to give the user an option to filter out such NOTAM.
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 1/6/2017 1:17:28 PM
NOTAM are essentially circles of influence around a well-defined point. In some cases we are able to more specifically narrow down the displayed area, but only in special well-defined circumstances as they were never designed to convey geospatial information. We can generally display polygons and lines if the coordinates are well formatted.

SkyDemon is used by militaries throughout Europe and NOTAM do not have a flag saying "military interest only" so we are unable to give the user an option to filter out such NOTAM.

I contact who is in charge of NOTAM at NOF and they realized the mistake, NOTAM M5486/16 as been canceled and replaced so now everything is amended on MIL AIP, I hope in the future will be more accurate,
regards, Gianni‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search