Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Chart dates (difference between PC and IOS)

Author
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
On the PC the chart dates shows till when the chart is valid, while on IOS it shows as from when the chart is valid.
Should it not be better to show always till when the charts are valid ?

Br,
Jf‌‌‌

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Sorry Shifu, I can't follow your logic.

The sole information for charts in use for navigation I find important is whether the chart is valid or not.

Eric
Edited 12/27/2016 9:47:13 PM by efrenken
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
You have been speaking about valid charts yourself in your post as of 27th 10:40 pm
Quote: "The PC version is solely for planning, so the most important information is until when the charts are valid, the age isn't that important."

I for myself consider charts as valid as long as they haven't exceeded a "valid until date" printed on them or until a new version of the chart has been released.

YMMV

Eric
tschnell
tschnell
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Shifu - 12/28/2016 9:47:01 AM
If I am wrong and now all the old chaps flying with paper charts only are illegal due to an obscure requirement to have "valid" charts for VFR flights, me and most probably many others, will be very interested in that regulation.

Not obscure at all - here you are:
‌AMC1 NCO.GEN.135(a)(10) Documents, manuals and information to be carried

c) The aeronautical data should be appropriate for the current aeronautical information regulation
and control (AIRAC) cycle.‌

‌No distinction made between IFR and VFR ‌‌‌- Charts need to be current for the latest AIRAC cycle, as far as aeronautical data is concernend.

‌Tobias‌

Edited 12/30/2016 9:43:51 AM by tschnell
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Would the best solution not be to state the valid from xx-xx-xxxx till yy-yy-yyyy on the chart overview ?

‌‌

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
Shifu - 12/31/2016 1:40:54 PM
[quote]
tschnell - 12/30/2016 9:43:51 AM
‌AMC1 NCO.GEN.135(a)(10) Documents, manuals and information to be carried
c) The aeronautical data should be appropriate for the current aeronautical information regulation
and control (AIRAC) cycle.‌

‌No distinction made between IFR and VFR ‌‌‌- Charts need to be current for the latest AIRAC cycle, as far as aeronautical data is concerned.
Highly interesting, what do all the pilots flying VFR on paper charts only, they are now all illegal?

If they haven't added all the corrections from the latest AIRAC cycle manually to their paper chart, then yes, they are technically illegal - and always have been. Just because it is common to break the law doesn't mean that it is correct. One of the huge benefits I see in SkyDemon is that I can easily print out a chart for my flight which is updated in line with the AIRAC cycle.

tschnell
tschnell
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Highly interesting, what do all the pilots flying VFR on paper charts only, they are now all illegal?

‌Not necessarily - only if the relevant aeronautical data for the route has changed since the chart has been issued. Most CAA's make an effort to make major airspace changes coincide with the issue date of "their" paper chart. At least Germany does (did?) it that way.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search