Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Syncing between devices in flight

Author
malcolm frost
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I currently run SD on an iPad and on a Nexus 5 phone which I stick on the side window for a "HUD". It isn't easy doing route changes etc. on the phone, so would it be feasible to link the two together in flight so I could make changes on the ipad and it would be reflected immediately on the phone?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You can do this with two iOS devices by taking advantage of their Airdrop technology. Going iOS to Android without the internet isn't doable with SkyDemon though.
malcolm frost
malcolm frost
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/14/2016 10:06:08 AM
You can do this with two iOS devices by taking advantage of their Airdrop technology. Going iOS to Android without the internet isn't doable with SkyDemon though.

Thanks Tim, I was hoping a nice little Bluetooth link could do the job!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Route -> Share is exactly how you share a route via AirDrop to another iOS device.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We do not restrict the apps or items which appear in that menu. That's up to iOS.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We add a whole bunch of file types when the user picks Share, from the native .flightplan file to HTML briefing output to a GPX file and others. I'm not aware of any more we can do to encourage other apps to display themselves when confronted with such a list, but am open to suggestions.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I am the programmer, and I have done so. I do not know the answer. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the apps you are expecting to appear only deal with single-file Share activities.
Edited 11/30/2016 2:48:49 PM by Tim Dawson
BillB
B
Too Much Forum (226 reputation)Too Much Forum (226 reputation)Too Much Forum (226 reputation)Too Much Forum (226 reputation)Too Much Forum (226 reputation)Too Much Forum (226 reputation)Too Much Forum (226 reputation)Too Much Forum (226 reputation)Too Much Forum (226 reputation)
I am a new (and very impressed) user and I have a similar suggestion/ request: I fly a tandem aircraft currently with two Skymaps front and back, (plus a skydemon now of course) and when I fly with my other half (who also flys) the person in the back does the Nav and Radio and the driver does as he or she is told (!)  I would eventually like to be able to sync two android devices so that any changes in the route are reflected on both devices. Perhaps some sort of a master and slave arrangement over bluetooth, is this possible?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search