Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

INFO Frequencies on the Map

Author
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Forgive me if this has already been discussed in the past but I would really like to have the option to show the INFO frequencies directly on the map, e.g. nearby the ICAO airport code or airport name.
kobaje
kobaje
Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)
Hi,

such a request was made by me but did not receive much attention (Link). I miss this possibility in nearly every flight. Maybe some more could second this request...
Edited 10/27/2016 9:32:39 AM by kobaje
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Perhaps you are unaware that with only a couple of presses of your finger you can reveal as much information about an airfield as you like?

That probably explains why most people are happy with the way things are.
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/27/2016 5:23:08 PM
Perhaps you are unaware that with only a couple of presses of your finger you can reveal as much information about an airfield as you like?

That probably explains why most people are happy with the way things are.

Tim, thank you for your response. I understand how to access the frequencies with a few clicks for the airports that are part of the route but what about airports that are nearby or in case of a weekend flight with no destination?
Edited 10/27/2016 7:40:09 PM by TouchTheSky
kobaje
kobaje
Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)
I know 2 options to get airfield frequencies like i wrote: 
At the moment I have to either search them on the PLOG or tap the field, go to information and select approach information. This takes quite much time and "heads in"

Is there another shorter way I missed?

Maybe not many pilots have that problem because most of the time they fly preplanned trips and print out their PLOGs etc. I don't have that 
possibilty because I fly HEMS on 2 minute alert. We also often get reroutings and consecutive missions so there are a lot of spontaneous changes. Thats why I would enjoy to have the freqs either on the map (maybe to much cluttering) or in the "whats here"...

Tim, please don't get me wrong. I don't want to criticize your product. It is the best VFR solution on the market! But you encourage your beta-testers and customers to make suggestions for improvements and thats what I'm doing. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Feel free! This forum is absolutely for doing that. We will sometimes respond saying why we haven't, or won't, implement a feature. But most importantly, it's a place so other people can "weight in" on your suggestion to help us gauge how many people actually want it. Unless it's useful for a decent percentage of our users, we generally don't add it.
Gax
G
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
I'd be supportive of quicker/easier access to appropriate enroute airfield frequencies ("first contact" frequencies like radio, approach, etc). Current process requires 1 long tap and 2 shot taps. It would be handy if this could be shown in a single short tap somewhere/somehow, as it can often be something you need to find out quickly.

Alternatively, as a starting point, some key info like runway numbers, initial contact frequency, and nav aid frequencies shown on the first page of the airfield rather than in a sub-page. Particularly important if you're bouncing around in IMC and where that extra tap to get a nav aid is a bit annoying.
kobaje
kobaje
Thanks for adding the freqs to the "Whats here" tab in the latest beta! 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search