Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Virtual Radar weather while flying

Author
RobertPBham
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

When you are planning a flight, the virtual radar displays weather information and cloud height.

However, when flying all of this information disappears. I can see when I'm flying that I receive new METAR information but the virtual radar never updates with any weather and cloud height information. Is there a setting I have missed or is it just not designed to do that?

Thanks
Rob
RobertPBham
RobertPBham
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
Hi Shifu,

Thanks - that could be it! I've enabled it now and will see if everything appears when I fly next.

Thanks for your help
Rob
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
That will re-enable the display of weather information on the map, but virtual radar is quite different. You get an entirely different instrument when you're flying than when you're planning, though on the face of it they look similar. The navigation virtual radar is not designed to show weather at all. The reasoning is this: virtual radar shows only what's coming in the ten minutes directly ahead of you. We don't think we would add much value by showing cloud layers etc on there, which you should be able to see simply by looking outside of the cockpit.
RobertPBham
RobertPBham
Hi Tim,

That makes perfect sense - didn't realise that it was only showing the next ten minutes - it does explain why I couldn't scroll ahead when looking for terrain height and obstacles when I was flying! :-)

Thanks
Rob
Europaflyer
Europaflyer
Too Much Forum (246 reputation)Too Much Forum (246 reputation)Too Much Forum (246 reputation)Too Much Forum (246 reputation)Too Much Forum (246 reputation)Too Much Forum (246 reputation)Too Much Forum (246 reputation)Too Much Forum (246 reputation)Too Much Forum (246 reputation)
RobertPBham - 9/18/2016 12:51:45 PM
Hi there,

When you are planning a flight, the virtual radar displays weather information and cloud height.

However, when flying all of this information disappears. I can see when I'm flying that I receive new METAR information but the virtual radar never updates with any weather and cloud height information. Is there a setting I have missed or is it just not designed to do that?

Thanks
Rob

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search