Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyPro XGPS160 GPS Receiver

Author
Pehar
Too Much Forum (186 reputation)Too Much Forum (186 reputation)Too Much Forum (186 reputation)Too Much Forum (186 reputation)Too Much Forum (186 reputation)Too Much Forum (186 reputation)Too Much Forum (186 reputation)Too Much Forum (186 reputation)Too Much Forum (186 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello

Is Skydemon not working with the SkyPro XGPS160 GPS receiver?

//Peter Harbo

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I've never heard of it, so that seems a likely conclusion. However if it's a standard Bluetooth GPS receiver that works with other iOS or Android apps, it will work with SkyDemon.
Edited 5/31/2016 12:17:08 PM by Tim Dawson
Opus Software
Opus Software
Too Much Forum (346 reputation)Too Much Forum (346 reputation)Too Much Forum (346 reputation)Too Much Forum (346 reputation)Too Much Forum (346 reputation)Too Much Forum (346 reputation)Too Much Forum (346 reputation)Too Much Forum (346 reputation)Too Much Forum (346 reputation)

We are developers of OpusFSI, a Flight Simulator Interface software package for the Microsoft FSX, FSX Steam, and all versions of the Lockheed Martin Prepar3D flight simulators. We have already included a SkyDemon GPS serial output via a virtual serial port to feed data to SkyDemon running on a PC. Our members would like to fly the simulator using SkyDemon running on their laptop. Could you please confirm the details of your TCP/IP connection so that we can establish the WiFi connection. We need to know whether you connect as a client or create a server TCP/IP socket, also what TCP/IP address (if fixed) and TCP port number do you use for the connection.

Regards
Stephen Percy
Opus Software Ltd.
opusfsi@opussoftware.co.uk

Edited 6/1/2016 9:58:22 AM by Opus Software
HEJ
HEJ
Too Much Forum (824 reputation)Too Much Forum (824 reputation)Too Much Forum (824 reputation)Too Much Forum (824 reputation)Too Much Forum (824 reputation)Too Much Forum (824 reputation)Too Much Forum (824 reputation)Too Much Forum (824 reputation)Too Much Forum (824 reputation)
If you are talking about the Dual XGPS160 - then mine is working flawlessly. My understanding is that if there is an external GPS connected to your iDevice (iPad mini in my case), then it will superseede the internal GPS as position source for all apps - including SD.

PS: Love the logging function of the XGPS160 too - and the ability to pull up things in Google Earth - but the dual control app called 'Skypro' really sucks and is inherently unstable (if you happen to have one that work - do not even consider to update... ask me how I know)

CAVOK and Happy landings to all,
/Henrik (HEJ)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search