Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Display Of Flight In Map

Author
brinzlee
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm not sure if this has been requested before but would it be possible in a future version of SkyDemon to shade the colour of the log line with time and distance, so instead of just having one yellow log line which is hard to differentiate when say in a hold and you are going over and over the same line. This would help in analysis of holding patterns, at the moment it looks like my young sister has been let loose with a biro..
I hope this makes sense
Thanks
Brinsley
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
I'm afraid I cannot visualise what it is you're describing, so it's hard to understand your request. At what point(s) would we decide that the line colour needed to change, and how would we make that decision?
brinzlee
brinzlee
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
If you imagine a 4 minute holding pattern. And then going around it again and again, then try and work out from the lines that would overlay each other being a complete mess if you were trying to retrace your track using this yellow line. My idea would be to just darken then lighten or even change the direction of the shading through time and distance, I think it would help unravel log line a little.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Unfortunately that would be technically very tricky to do, and I'm not sure it would actually help. With a holding pattern such as that you describe, the lines will likely overlap each other even if they're different colours. The Virtual Radar presentation of the flight might be useful here though, as it unravels the log into a straight line. You can double-click the Virtual Radar line to be taken to the exact position on the main map, which might help.
brinzlee
brinzlee
Thanks for your consideration.....It was worth an ask !! I just needed an excuse to add something to a faultless product....Keep up the good work !!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search