Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Highlight of aeronautical zones

Author
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
Currently, from the "What's Here?" Menu it is possible to get information on Airspace Information. The corresponding piece of airspace is outlined on the map.
I would suggest to also highlight the corresponding piece of airspace in the virtual radar in order help to easily identify the vertical limits of the airspace.

Any comments and/or remarks are welcome.

jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
jfw - 11/8/2015 1:50:35 PM
Hello,
Currently, from the "What's Here?" Menu it is possible to get information on Airspace Information. The corresponding piece of airspace is outlined on the map.
I would suggest to also highlight the corresponding piece of airspace in the virtual radar in order help to easily identify the vertical limits of the airspace.

Any comments and/or remarks are welcome.

Hello,
I see that this feature has been implemented in the last software update which is great :-)
I noticed that if you cross two times a zone only the first time is highlighted. Maybe a glitch in the implementation in the virtual radar.

‌‌‌‌‌
In the above example I would expect to have the CTR in the beginning of the leg highlighted as well as the same CTR at the end of the leg.‌

Br,
Jf‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
You're sort of right, let me explain. The warning is only being generated for the part of your flight that enters the CTR. When a flight starts within controlled airspace we deliberately do not show a warning, because you won't be able to take off without some sort of permission. So because the warning is only telling you about one instance of your penetration of the airspace, only that penetration is highlighted.
jfw
jfw
Tim Dawson - 7/17/2017 12:04:47 PM
You're sort of right, let me explain. The warning is only being generated for the part of your flight that enters the CTR. When a flight starts within controlled airspace we deliberately do not show a warning, because you won't be able to take off without some sort of permission. So because the warning is only telling you about one instance of your penetration of the airspace, only that penetration is highlighted.

Hi Tim ,
I understand your explanation but in the picture it is the first part of the trip in the CTR (lower left) that is highlighted in the virtual radar, which leaves me even more confused after your explanation...‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
I get only the second part highlighted. Strange. What exactly is the route you've got planned there?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search