Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD Android Scale Button - make it work like iPad version ?

Author
Easy Cruising
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am using SD 3.3.2.20289 on Samsung Galaxy S5. It's a great tool. I have a suggestion :

When hitting the orange 'Scale' circle the Android version of SD does not automatically show the currently selected scale in the 'list' of scales. This functionality does work on the iPad version of SD. The issue is that, especially during flights, the next scale you want is probably 1 or 2 scales up or down from the one you are currently on, so the currently selected one should appear in the middle of the scale window. Otherwise, you have to scroll up from 1:2500 every time. That's an issue if, like me, you have the S5 in landscape mode, because the 'Scale' list only has space for 3 entries .. so it's somewhat 'fumbly' to get to the one you want, more so in turbulence.

Just wondering if this can be done for the Android one, or whether it's a limitation of the Android platform (since it works nicely on iPad) ?

srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
I agree with your request.

Are you aware of these shortcuts:
If you want a quick zoom in / out then just swipe up/down on the scale button. Also press and hold scale button for quick return to your 'home' scale.
Easy Cruising
Easy Cruising
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Hi. Thanks very much.I was not aware of the shortcuts - that helps. However, I think that the request is still valid, because a 'quick swipe' on the button often doesn't get registered by the Samsung, or gets registered as 'scrolling', whilst a 'tap' is much easier to do and seems to get picked-up more easily by the touch-screen.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Good idea. We will ensure the selected zoom level is always scrolled into view after that menu is shown.
Easy Cruising
Easy Cruising
Now that's what I call service !

srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
Easy Cruising (8/10/2015)

.... and already available in today's Beta !!
Boycey
B
Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)
srayne - 8/10/2015 2:10:14 PM

Boycey
B
Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)Too Much Forum (558 reputation)
Boycey - 4/9/2017 6:39:31 AM

I don't have the scale showing on my Sony z3?
V‌ery infuriating, a map with no scale is pretty useless..can't find a setting for it anywhere.
A‌lso in flight mode the skydemon logo obscures the groundspeed. Any thoughts please?

Boycey
B
Boycey - 4/9/2017 6:42:32 AM
Boycey - 4/9/2017 6:39:31 AM

I don't have the scale showing on my Sony z3?
V‌ery infuriating, a map with no scale is pretty useless..can't find a setting for it anywhere.
A‌lso in flight mode the skydemon logo obscures the groundspeed. Any thoughts please?

Any way to send a screenshot?

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Map scale doesn't show on small display devices. I have the same issue‌ with my Samsung S3 Galaxy.
If you press and hold the +/- button (lower left corner on my display) it always resets the map to 1:500000‌‌ scale.
Tony‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search