Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Plog - won't print via iPad nor iPhone 6 plus

Author
Fleagle
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not sure what's changed your end or mine, but I can't get plogs to print (in any size paper except a4 portrait ) from my iPad  (air 2 - latest IOS).  Historically the process has never been smooth but now selecting print seems to wait an age before finding my air printer (other iOS apps find it straight away). Selecting half page a5 again waits an age before I  then press print. no confirmation dialogue box comes up and my printer just spews out a blank page (yes there is ink in it!!  :-)

On a couple of occasions, pressing select printer has caused the app to crash. 

I have to resort to doing  a IOS screen copy and "sharing" that to my air printer via a photo app....which then takes ages to print as it is effectively at that point printing a photo.  Either that or save my route, logon onto a PC and then print the plog from there (not always possible)

Of course I have tried rebooting everything. Still no joy.  Sad

Edited 6/4/2015 8:51:50 AM by Fleagle
Fleagle
Fleagle
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
Further testing and the only way I can get a plog to print via skydemon is to select portrait a4. Any other print option seems to throw the app into  exception or hangs for ages before handing control back to the user and printing a blank page.

have also tried removing the app and re-installing but no difference.

is there somewhere I can log this fault formally to get support or is this forum suffice ? - happy to provide screen dumps.

thanks

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You'd be best contacting our support. There is a contact link at the bottom of every page on our main website, and a Help link at the top. Thanks!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search