Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pilot Log for Multi Legs trip

Author
Dema
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I didn't find the way to show the Pilot Log for the entire trip (multi legs).
It seems to be possible to show the pilot log only for each leg at a time.

If there's not this possibility it would be nice to let it show two kind of pilot log:
- pilot log only with landing field (Summary)
- pilot log with all waypoints (landing and flying waypoints) and all details

Dema

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)Too Much Forum (65K reputation)
The Pilot Log will only show information for the currently selected leg.

Adding the functionality you mention, I believe might cause confusion. But Tim and his team have always been great so far in finding ingenious ways to add functionality while maintaining a strict focus on GUI and usability.

-- Chris.
hucbr600
hucbr600
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
This issue keeps coming up time and time again - just search the previous threads.
I requested this, probably over a year or so ago,after using this feature extensively on Jepp VFR.
Time and time again - the reply is that there is not enough folk wanting this feature.
Being able to print full route PLOGs with all the fuel planning and landing info in a single route pack (aka Jepp VFR) will be the icing on the cake of this great Sky Demon product.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)SkyDemon Team (639K reputation)
Actually I don't think this issue has come up at all, since we implemented the often-requested multi-sector planning feature. People seem generally very happy with how we've implemented it. Adding the complexity of a different PLOG for such trips isn't something we would undertake lightly.
Bouwair
Bouwair
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
We have just made a roundtrip from holland to Gibraltar and back with 24 stops.
Then the multileg future is very handy. We found some strange behavior. When you change from land here to "do not land here" sometimes the complete route changes. And I agree with the replies before, it would be very handy to have a complete route plan.

With kind regards
Freerk

P.s. Without SD it would have been a much more stress-full flying trip. Now it was just a joy :-)

plume_tray
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.2K reputation)
I would love to see this. To be able to switch between individual sectors or the entire trip, including the ability to email the whole lot would be a massive benefit to myself and many CAT rotary operators.
svartbjorn
svartbjorn
Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)
Totally agree. This would be very useful. I always export the whole trip to other devices, both other navigation apps and to co-pilots using other navigation systems. Today you have to select "Do not land here" on all legs (or sectors as Tim calls it) before exporting.

Suggestion how to implement:
Since this applies to both "Route/Send by Email" and in "Pilot Log", it could be a switch in the Route menu: In the bottom section after "Reverse", add a new line "Multi sector enable" with a enable/disable field. If enabled, it works like today. If disabled, all "Land here" are turned temporarily off (but not deleted) and the whole route is shown as one sector.

Bouwair
Bouwair
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
For this year we will be making a round trip from the Netherlands all around Scotland. We will be flying with more planes in a group.
Therefore it would be very handy to mail the complete route to all the other pilots and copilots.
It would also make planning a lot easier if we could have a pilot-log for the complete trip.
I think it will be handy for more trip flying pilots.

But keep up the good work. SD is getting better al the time, and i love the way the team reacts to the suggestions of the users.

jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)
Possible solution might be to have a toggle removing all "land here" airfields. This would make one long log for email & plog. For fuel (for example when making a round trip) when toggling on one trip (by removing all "land here" airfields) additional fuel consumptions can be counted per airfield for which there was a "land-here" (for landing - taxi and take-off)

Ps. when writing this I suddenly realize that it is much more clearer in my mind than explained above...hope you get the idea

Edited 3/11/2016 8:17:36 AM by jfw
joseffe
joseffe
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
It's been a while since the thread started and I also like the multileg planning although the entire thing behaves like serval single flights except that you only have one file.
It would be great to simply be able to select more than on leg and then switch to the pilot log for the selected ones. I I'd like to see a handy overview over the entire flight time or distance I currently need to manually calculate. That's weird as all the info is there...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search