Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Wifi link to Dynon Skyview

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Another option appears under the Route menu when you're connected to a Skyview.
airvan
a
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Hello. I'm a enthousiastic user of SkyDemon for many years now.
Since some weeks I fly a Blackshape Prime with the Skyview HDX1100 device and WiFi dongle.
SkyDemon asks to connect to the Skyview location services after hitting "Go Flying" and that works fine.
Under Route I can see "send flightplan to Skyview" but the flight plan does not appear in Skyview.
There is also no error whatsoever. So I'm puzzled. Already went through the Skyview manual looking for an enable/disable option but I cannot find one. Anyone some idea why it is not working for me?
I have the latest software versions of SkyDemon and Skyview HDX1100.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hans

Edited 4/6/2019 8:38:47 PM by airvan
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
when you go to ‘go flying’ you should be presented with two choices. 1. Location services, 2. Dynon Skyview
Choose the Dynon option and then you should be ok.
Good luck
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
It sounds like you are doing everything correctly from the SkyDemon side.
airvan
a
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
nje - 4/7/2019 8:08:18 AM
when you go to ‘go flying’ you should be presented with two choices. 1. Location services, 2. Dynon SkyviewChoose the Dynon option and then you should be ok.Good luck

Exactly, that is what I already did and the dynon skyview gps source works fine.
The flightplan still does not arrive.

I asked it on the Aero2019 fair in Friedrichshafen in the booth of Dynon. The representative told me that this should work when you have 1 Skyview device and 1 WiFi dongle. But I have 2 Skyview devices and only one has a WiFi dongle. I would need a secons WiFi dongle according to this guy. Even switching off the device without the WiFo dongle will not change behaviour he said because the other device wil 'remember' that there is a second device configured.
I find that odd because you cannot connect to two WiFi sources at the same time and when entering a flight plan by hand or by usb-drive import, you do not have to repeat that for the other skyview device. The devices are interconnected and automatically distributes the entered flightplan to the other screen.

So ... still searching for a solution.
Is there anyone who can concur with the story of the Dynon representative?

ploucandco
ploucandco
Too Much Forum (154 reputation)Too Much Forum (154 reputation)Too Much Forum (154 reputation)Too Much Forum (154 reputation)Too Much Forum (154 reputation)Too Much Forum (154 reputation)Too Much Forum (154 reputation)Too Much Forum (154 reputation)Too Much Forum (154 reputation)
airvan - 4/13/2019 1:01:51 PM
nje - 4/7/2019 8:08:18 AM
when you go to ‘go flying’ you should be presented with two choices. 1. Location services, 2. Dynon SkyviewChoose the Dynon option and then you should be ok.Good luck

Exactly, that is what I already did and the dynon skyview gps source works fine.
The flightplan still does not arrive.

I asked it on the Aero2019 fair in Friedrichshafen in the booth of Dynon. The representative told me that this should work when you have 1 Skyview device and 1 WiFi dongle. But I have 2 Skyview devices and only one has a WiFi dongle. I would need a secons WiFi dongle according to this guy. Even switching off the device without the WiFo dongle will not change behaviour he said because the other device wil 'remember' that there is a second device configured.
I find that odd because you cannot connect to two WiFi sources at the same time and when entering a flight plan by hand or by usb-drive import, you do not have to repeat that for the other skyview device. The devices are interconnected and automatically distributes the entered flightplan to the other screen.

So ... still searching for a solution.
Is there anyone who can concur with the story of the Dynon representative?

See page 15-13 of the Dynon Skyview install manual.
You need 1 wifi dongle per Skyview screen. So 2 if you have 2 screens.

fvdvetgmail
f
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Hi Hans,

I also fly a blackshape prime with a dynon skyview and I have the same problem as you have!
there are 2 screens and 2 dongles and both have a working wifi connection with sky view etc.

In skydemon , when i activated 'go flying' with dynon services etc, i'm able to sent the flight plan to dynon skyview.
No error messages etc, but i'm not seeing the flight plan on the dynon screen. In the flight plan menu of dynon are no further options to force an import etc.
actually i'm thinking i'm doing everything as should. Is it a SkyDemon item or do I have to dive once more into the Dynon guides??

Can someone help me out on this?
Kind regards 
Frank van der Vet 
Netherlands

Roman Poljak
R
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
fvdvetgmail - 6/9/2019 9:28:02 PM
Hi Hans,

I also fly a blackshape prime with a dynon skyview and I have the same problem as you have!
there are 2 screens and 2 dongles and both have a working wifi connection with sky view etc.

In skydemon , when i activated 'go flying' with dynon services etc, i'm able to sent the flight plan to dynon skyview.
No error messages etc, but i'm not seeing the flight plan on the dynon screen. In the flight plan menu of dynon are no further options to force an import etc.
actually i'm thinking i'm doing everything as should. Is it a SkyDemon item or do I have to dive once more into the Dynon guides??

Can someone help me out on this?
Kind regards 
Frank van der Vet 
Netherlands

Hi, Frank, 
I have same problem with my BS PRIME. Any solutions yet?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Roman Poljak
Slovenia

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore