Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Intersections database

Author
aviatorix
Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am considering to switch to SD from another flight planning software since i need the IFR capability that is provided. My first attempt at importing a *.gpx flightplan validated through autorouter.eu seems very promising and i am thrilled by the prospect of easing my planning chores with this great product. (I am in trial mode right now)

It seems, however, that two of the airway intersections, whose existence was confirmed through autorouter.eu (ADSIN and BABAV in Germany), showed up in SD as user waypoints only. Looks like they are not present in SD´s database. During flight you often have to count on identifying intersections easily during an ATC reroute.
Question is: What is the currency status of this database with regard to intersections and what is the update cycle?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Those waypoints are sourced directly from Eurocontrol and updated every 28 days so should be absolutely valid.
I just took a look at AIP Germany and can confirm that ADSIN and BABAV do not exist as enroute waypoints.
aviatorix
aviatorix
Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)
Hm, strange. Autorouter.eu and eurofpl.eu both seem to know those intersections and even require them to get my route validated. Seems like AIP Germany and Eurocontrol work on different sets of data?
Anyway, thanks for consideration.
Frank
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
No, the Eurocontrol data agrees with AIP Germany, which is good because that is the official source of the data. Those points do not officially exist as enroute intersections. Are you sure they're not part of a SID/STAR?
aviatorix
aviatorix
My Z-FPL is from EDWK to LOIJ as follows:
EDWK N0165F090 VERED/N0165F090 IFR Z88 NIE DCT ADSIN DCT TOLGI DCT WERRA/N0170F120 P605 ELNAT Z190 BOKNI DCT BABAV DCT DOSIS DCT EVIVA DCT LAKOL VFR LOIJ
Omitting either of the two Intersections results in an error whereas the above routing is validated by autorouter.eu. No idea if any of those two might be part of a SID or STAR.
Thanks,
Frank
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I'm not sure there's anything more we can do to help you here. If there's an error, it's that other software validates a flightplan containing intersections which do not officially exist.
lhe
lhe
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
There is no error. ADSIN and BABSI are both official waypoints, but as you guessed they're not enroute waypoints and so not listed on the AIP page for enroute waypoints. But they are listed in AIP as terminal waypoints. E.g. you can find ADSIN in the waypoint list for Hannover in AIP-Germany part AD 2 page EDDV 6-8.

Both the EuroGA Autorouter and Jeppesen's JeppView software enroute chart have these waypoints so clearly there is a way to get them from Eurocontrol.

Edited 3/7/2015 10:44:20 AM by lhe
aviatorix
aviatorix
Too bad. There seems to be no way of knowing which waypoints do actually exist in SD´s database and which will have to be looked up in Jeppesen´s database. That takes away lots of SD´s appeal to me.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon is a VFR product. I'm afraid we do not currently have any ambition to include terminal waypoints, because we also have no plans to include SIDs and STARs.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search