Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

German AIP: Georeferenced Aerodrome Charts?

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I believe I've already made it clear why SkyDemon doesn't have those features: not enough people want them, so we work on other things, as our resources are not infinite.

My opinion on the usefulness of auto-zoom is irrelevant. Personally, I would probably quite like it, but I've learned that every pilot thinks differently and others who want it would want it to work differently than I imagine it. So for the time being, the pilot will need to hit the "zoom in" button if they want to zoom in, at the exact time they want to zoom in. We don't think this is a great hardship.
v.shy
v
Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)
Hi, I will am currently testing SD (and also the software of the competitors) on the sim and also in the air.
‌For me SD seems to be the best solution for me! Although the competitors have some nice ideas implemented which would suite SD also very well to become even more complete.

One is the availability of the georeferenced ground charts (personally EDLW and EDXW would be very interresting for me but I think e.g. EDFE would also be used by others). Thumps up for integrating the geo referenced IFR Plates from the AIP!

Some more ideas: possibility to make notes on the pdfs like dreawing the taxi route in the chart..
Nice to have but not prio: autoroute function, synthetic vision.‌‌‌‌

Thanks alot for this nice piece of software and for the continous improvement!
‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
We already have georeferenced ground charts for both airfields you mentioned. This is quite an old thread you dug up, so I should explain that we georeferenced most German airfield ground charts last year.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search