Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Send routes to other apps on iOS

Author
Maxrom
Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a Garmin D2, and use Basecamp on my iPad to create and send routes to it. If instead of Basecamp, I use SkyDemon, I can email myself the route, and then open the .GPX attachment from the email in any apps that support it (in this case, Basecamp).

It works fine, but it's pretty cumbersome. It would be great if you could open the .GPX file with any supporting app directly, rather than having to email myself the route, and then open the email attachment with Basecamp. It would seem to be a simple thing to include, and would be very useful indeed.
Edited 12/19/2014 5:14:08 PM by Maxrom
jtp@pharmanord.com
j
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Maxrom - 12/19/2014 5:12:21 PM
I have a Garmin D2, and use Basecamp on my iPad to create and send routes to it. If instead of Basecamp, I use SkyDemon, I can email myself the route, and then open the .GPX attachment from the email in any apps that support it (in this case, Basecamp).

It works fine, but it's pretty cumbersome. It would be great if you could open the .GPX file with any supporting app directly, rather than having to email myself the route, and then open the email attachment with Basecamp. It would seem to be a simple thing to include, and would be very useful indeed.

A five year old post - but still a feature that I miss a lot. It would be great to be able to export a .gpx file directly to another app on the ipad. For instance Cloud Ahoy or logbook such as MyFlightBook which can directly create a draft logbook entry by analyzing the gpx file. Both these apps work with the .gpx file but unable to use the .kml file which SD offers to open directly in another ipad app using the Google Earth export. 
Currently the work-around is to send as an email and open from there, but that requires you to be online and quite a bit more keypresses.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We would be happy to turn on GPX file output on Sharing in a forthcoming iOS beta, if you would be willing to provide feedback on it. We have purposefully turned off export of many filetypes on Sharing in the past, because their presence confused certain apps.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search