Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Loading Flight Plans from Cloud - default time and date

Author
phil8536
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
when you load a flight plan from the cloud or your PC it would be really useful to have the take off date default to now plus an hour. I re-use my flight plans all the time and find this really annoying. At the moment it defaults to the time which was saved with the plan. For example

Save a flight plan from EGTF to EGJJ  with take off set on 1st January
Re-open from cloud on 1st July - the take off date is still set to 1st January
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The solution for this is to not set a takeoff time. Without one set, SkyDemon always assumed you are about to take off.
I understand why the behaviour you're seeing can be frustrating, but we have taken a decision not to alter a saved route when loading it in any way, because it would be unacceptable to load a route, save it, and have it silently changed without your knowledge. We show a warning just to let the pilot know their takeoff date is set in the past.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search