Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flying a route with simulator

Author
PROPMAN
Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am flying a route in simulator on my PC. The cruise speed for my aircraft is 120kts, but after a couple of minutes in the climb, my ground speed suddenly drops to 57kts and stays there for the cruise. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any answers welcome.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Are you flying into a (very) strong wind? The SkyDemon simulator should start with your defined cruise speed (I think) and then apply the current wind at altitude.
PROPMAN
PROPMAN
Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)
I have semi-sorted this problem by clicking on the heading extension and pulling it forward and the speed then increases?
RV12Flyer
RV12Flyer
Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)Forum Member (49 reputation)
PROPMAN - 10/7/2014 1:48:28 PM
I have semi-sorted this problem by clicking on the heading extension and pulling it forward and the speed then increases?

An old post revisited I know ;-)

I have also just discovered using the Heading Extension is useful on PC simulator for controlling the direction of the airplane.

If you click on the airplane and try and manoeuvre with the mouse it is very difficult. But clicking, holding and dragging the end of the Heading Extension to control the direction of the airplane works perfectly.

With regard to controlling the Ground Speed of the aircraft. Instead of dragging the Heading Extension on PC, you can simply use the up and down keys.
The User Manual states that the + and - keys control altitude. The - key works to lower the altitude but on my PC you have to press SHIFT and + to increase the altitude. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search