Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

LFMT and LFNG missing name and identifier

Author
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just realized that both Montpellier fields miss their name and identification ... strange as small fields all have their names. Really not important for me as I am based in LFNG... The name and identifier appear when the pointer touches the symbol.
Same problem on the Ipad.
Tags
Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
The same with EDFE, name & identifier missing
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We don't pick and choose which airfields get their labels displayed on the map, it's an automatic process. If you choose both name and identifier you must accept there is a higher chance of there not being enough space to show the label. That is what is happening here. Zoom in, and you'll probably see them appear.
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Thanks for the answer, it is true, at a 100.000 scale they appear. But even at 500.000 the names of Heliports appear and not the one of the International Airport. Is there a way to to make disappear the Heliports? It will leave space for airfields. I could not find this option in the documentation, but for sure it exists.

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Tim, I wonder if there isn't some improvement waiting to be made in the decluttering algorithm when deciding which names/ID to show. If you prioritize airports according to the lengths of their longest runways you could start drawing names/IDs starting with the highest priority airports. This would make sure that some small microlight airfield doesn't obscure the name of a bigger airport close by.

-- Chris.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
guille (9/26/2014)
Thanks for the answer, it is true, at a 100.000 scale they appear. But even at 500.000 the names of Heliports appear and not the one of the International Airport. Is there a way to to make disappear the Heliports? It will leave space for airfields. I could not find this option in the documentation, but for sure it exists.

Mapping>Map Layers then under the heading Airfields untick Heliports

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

guille
guille
Thanks a lot, but I found it in "mapping - waypoints - show aerodromes".

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I think we actually tweaked this in the forthcoming release so that heliports are less "important" (in terms of labelling) than airports.
If it still leaves something to be desired, we can do even more in the future I'm sure.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search