Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Georeferenced Plates on Android

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We've just posted a very rough beta which includes a prototype of this feature. This is not a promise that we'll release the feature, but we are hopeful.
We are prototyping a third-party library to render the PDF contents so you'll see a watermark on embedded PDF maps, but don't worry about that. What matters is that they're accurate and they render ok. The button to display a georeferenced PDF is the big gray blob to the right of the Plates window listing for the document. We'll improve the graphics for it if/when we release the feature, obviously.
Feedback wanted!

srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
Worked first time for me on Nexus 7. Brilliant this is the Android feature i've been waiting for the most!

I like the fading out of inactive sectors (for multi-sector routes) - it's much better than just the blue outline for the active sector which in my opinion is no longer necessary as it's hardly visible anyway and drawing it probably uses up valuable resources.

Unexpected behaviour: Double-tapping anywhere on a displayed plate re-centres on the centre of the plate not on the point tapped.

Will keep playing....
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Where do I download the beta please?

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Mike@EDTG
Mike@EDTG
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Works fine for me too - Asus HD7/Android 4.2.2.  Rendering is a bit slow on big pdf´s though. Apart from this the basics, like scrolling/paning & screen rendering have improved a lot. I am impressed ;-))

Thumbs up !!!!

mike@edtg
danjack50
danjack50
Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)
I add my vote for this feature !

Meanwhile would it be easy to enable easy printing of the plate as it appears when clicking on the aircraft icon - with the route overlayed like below, thanks !

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Having problems downloading and installing the beta to my Nexus 7. Can anyone help with step by step instructions please?

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
1) Un-Install existing SkyDemon from the settings/applications

2) Open a web browser and go this forum page and click on the link above which should start the download.

3) When the download completes open the notification bar and tap the file downloaded notification and select the option to install the app from the downloaded file.

PS Ignore warnings about untrusted sources etc which will appear as you are not loading from the app store.

danjack50
danjack50
Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)Too Much Forum (721 reputation)
I do not see Visual approch charts for Belgian Microlight airfields
Would it be possible to use the following charts into Skydemon, and georeference them ?
These sites are available (and geo-referenced) in the following website:
http://www.fed-ulm.be/db/ulip/ulip_list.asp

thanks !

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I don't think we will be including such things, no. I don't know where those maps come from or who builds them, but they do not look to be drawn to a professional aviation standard.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search