Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Georeferenced Plates on Android

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
No, you cannot load third-party plates into SkyDemon in a way where they could be georeferenced. Georeferencing is a manual process that we do at SkyDemon HQ for each plate.
If you download the latest beta (from Friday) and certain plates continue to fail to render, we will be notified of exactly what the problem is automatically. Please do this if you can. I just looked at these reports and cannot see any from you (I searched for the name Herbert).
Europa XS
Europa XS
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Dear Tim,
exactly at 22:28 local time I tried the georeferenced plate (marked with the new symbol) for LOIH from the Austrian AIP. The whole time was connected to the internet. The reaction of SD is the same as in the days before. I have a valid license and I am locked in with my registered name.
I hope this was a helpful information! 

Kind regards
Herbert
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Thanks. I think I know what the issue is, and we're working with the vendor of our PDF rendering component to get it resolved. Even if it is resolved, though, it's still a 10mb PDF (most of the Austrian PDFs are produced very inefficiently) so it will still take a long time to render properly on Android.
Europa XS
Europa XS
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Thanks Tim,
in the meantime I have detected some new details regarding the rendering of georeferenced plates. For an example, if you look for plates for LIPB (Bozen in Italy) there a 4 plates marked as georeferenced. Three of them work fine and are displayed quickly on my Nexus 7 2013. The fourth plate will not be displayed. So I am sure that there is no principle problem with SD on a Nexus under Android, but it must have to do with the quality of the plates itsself. For further operation with such big plates - would it be helpful to download the whole AIP in advance?
kr

Herbert

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
That appears to be the same problem. It should be resolved soon in a minor update.
svartbjorn
svartbjorn
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
Upgraded to latest released SD version 3.1.0.25633 with support for georeferenced plates. Fantastic!! Works great on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. Congratulations and many thanks to SD for implementing this also for Android!!!

ajmc
ajmc
Too Much Forum (663 reputation)Too Much Forum (663 reputation)Too Much Forum (663 reputation)Too Much Forum (663 reputation)Too Much Forum (663 reputation)Too Much Forum (663 reputation)Too Much Forum (663 reputation)Too Much Forum (663 reputation)Too Much Forum (663 reputation)
This is great and brings it up with the other versions.  I have found a bug in one of my local plates though.  This is that,

'Sainte foy la grande' (south west France) is in the correct location, but comes out as a very thin long compressed image in place of the correctly laid out plate.

Many thanks

Andy.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search