Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Smooth Panning?

Author
webstalle
Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi SD users!

I use SkyDemon on Windows 7 both as an Applications and as a web based client. In addition, I use Skydemon on my Android Tablet which is a Samsung Galaxy Note pro 12.3.
The installed SkyDemon App version is 3.0.7.19226.

My mainly use Skydemon for Flight Planning and not as a Moving map while Flying.

When I try to move the map with a fingertip (panning), SkyDemon blocks/stopps once the map is moved and has to be reloaded/redrawn to become visible.

Any clues how to improve the performance to get a smoother panning in SkyDemon?

Regards,

Friedhelm, Germany
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Are you seeing this behavior on all platforms? I am running SD on the web, under Win 8 and an iPad 4. none of these exhibit what you describe.

-- Chris.
webstalle
webstalle
Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)Too Much Forum (702 reputation)
Hi Chris,

I do observe this behaviour only when I run it on Android Platforms. The Windows Application as well as the Web based Applications works just fine.

-- Friedhelm
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
This isn't something we've heard of before, or can reproduce on any of our Android test devices. Is there anything unusual about the device on which you're trying to run SkyDemon?
webstalle
webstalle
I experienced this behaviour on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N (2012) and even on the Samsung Galaxy NotePro (2014).

The latter is much faster, especially when it comes to graphical performance. I installed SD right after Android was setup.

I even received a Android message stating "Sky Demon does not reply" when I tried to open the Weather Tab.

After a while, 30 seconds or so, SD responded and the weather tab popped up. So my input was in the queue (of Android?), but was processed by SD with delay.

Sorry for the late reply, but I was busy the last two days.

UPDATE: Panning is smooth on the Android Samsung Note S3, too. I did a little more investigation on SDs performance on the Samsung Tablet and was ablew to improve panning performance by 2 actions:

- I deleted the US charts which I do use only occasional.
- SD was stored and run on an extra SD card installed. I moved the app back to the internal storage.

Compared to the performance of the PC or that of the Note Smartphone, it's still a little behind but has improved. Eventually, I also bought an iPad Mini, and running SD on that device tops it all.

So, the case of smooth/stuck panning can be closed.
Edited 8/2/2014 10:51:54 AM by webstalle
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search