Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

kiosk mode, screen rotate lock, disable sleep, prevent exit

Author
psb777
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have had to lock screen rotate on my Nexus 7 Android 4.4 but this effects all apps. Very annoying. And I can only lock in portrait, I would like landscape option. Please implement this as a SD feature/option.

Please provide option to disable screen blanking / sleep mode.

Please disable back key from exiting SD. I know you're asked are you sure but I would prefer that not to be there. In flight sometimes its bumpy and finger can end up not where required.

Please allow some kind of screen lock so that in Nav mode I cannot inadvertently press the screen. If I temporarily push the tablet to one side, or put something on top of it, or touch it by mistake I would like it not to be disturbed.

I think some of the features I am asking for are sometimes called "kiosk" mode. I would like option of locking SD as default / only app when in Nav mode.

Thanks for nice app.
psb777
psb777
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
I don't want to get into some kind of semantic argument. I didn't say "retail". A computer locked into what is commonly called "kiosk" mode runs one application or provides a certain restricted set of functionality. 

I want my Nexus 7 Android tablet to only run Skydemon while I am flying. The other day I didn't touch the screen for 20mins and I had bring SkyDemon to the foreground again. The tablet popped up mail and FB and Ebay notifications while I was flying. I do not want that.

It is easy for SykDemon company to engineer the SkyDemon app so that it works how I wish. Those arguing against it would not be harmed by the new features, and soon enough they will love it.

Now with Lollipop it is easier still. 
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Sorry, this isn't something that we plan to do. Screen locking is an operating system feature, not something that individual apps would tend to implement. As for preventing your device from going to sleep, we already do that.
If you inadvertently knock the screen and scroll the map, it will scroll back again after a few seconds.
Most people seem happy with the way things currently work which is why changing things is not currently on our radar.
Ian Exley
I
Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)Too Much Forum (107 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/23/2015 2:47:26 PM
Sorry, this isn't something that we plan to do. Screen locking is an operating system feature, not something that individual apps would tend to implement. As for preventing your device from going to sleep, we already do that.
If you inadvertently knock the screen and scroll the map, it will scroll back again after a few seconds.
Most people seem happy with the way things currently work which is why changing things is not currently on our radar.

Hi, It seems that there are some Apps now available for Android Tablets that will 'Disable Screen Touch Controls on Android devices'.  For example Touch Lock – Toddler Lock and UnTouch – Baby Touch Blocker.

D‌oes anyone have any experience of running one of these Apps to prevent inadvertent screen touches affecting a Samsung Android Tablet in flight?‌  Any advice on which works best?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search