Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Default date on load from Cloud

Author
phil8536
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I often recall flight plans that I created a month ago. When you recall a flight plan the date for take off is always when it was last saved. It would be really useful to have the default date and time as now rather than in the past
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
That is not the case at all. The date/time for takeoff is exactly what you set it to, if you set it at all. If you haven't set it (normally the case) then it is assumed to be "right now". The date when you saved the route has nothing to do with it.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
I think what he means is this:

1. I plan a flight today, for Saturday (so put in the takeoff time as 31st May, 10am)
2. At the end of July, I want to make the same flight. I open up the previously saved flight, and it has the takeoff time still set for 31st May.

While I appreciate that's what is saved in the file, I can see his point that loading up a flight with a takeoff time in the past isn't particularly useful.

Andy
phil8536
phil8536
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Andy, that is exactly what I mean

Phil
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
And it may be exactly what people want, so we deliberately do not wipe that information that the user has explicitly set. It's a couple of clicks to remove it, and we do display a warning advising that the takeoff time is set in the past.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search