Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

ILS - Glideslope but no localizer needle

Author
fruitloops101
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm using SD android (latest version). In the "airfield view" (the one that comes up after pressing on the "i") after selecting a runway the ILS appears at the bottom as normal but instead of a glideslope and localizer I get a glideslope and a heading bug. Once below 500' AGL and the glideslope disappears, at this point the localizer needle appears. The heading bug appears to be carrying out the functions of the localizer needle, so the thing is usable, but it would be more useful if it presented itself as a standard ILS.

I'm using a nexus 7 (old type) with a bluetooth GPS and absolutely everything else works normally.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Could you possibly post a screenshot? Does it say ILS in the back of the instrument or HSI at this point?
fruitloops101
fruitloops101
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Tim it says ILS and with the correct runway. Screenshot coming up....
fruitloops101
fruitloops101
It won't do it in simulation mode, it's working normally! I think what might have caused the issue in real life was a last minute change of runway coupled with a fairly tight join. It looks as if when the needles are at full scale deflection they don't appear at all but are replaced with a yellow arrow? If so, I didn't realise but this would explain it.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Yes, an arrow indicates that the needle is deflected beyond where it can appear on the screen.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search