Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SD 3.0.6 Update - very slow !!

Author
rosdol
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi I just updated to 3.0.6 and found some little delays when moving a map around - not bad on my power PC. I checked my Android 4.2.2 Tab and found that it has updated SD from the shop. The performance of moving / loading maps has become terrible. What did you change to make it that bad ???

HELP !!

br
Erik
RobinHood
RobinHood
Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)
Hi,

i updated to 3.0.6 on my iOS device. And the performance is just perfect.

Best regards,
Robin Seidelmann

secosu | Consulting & Support
Experts for ERP-Evaluation & ERP-Implementation projects in Europe

MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Hi,

SD 3.0.6 is running smoothly on a on Nexus 7.

Have you updated the charts also ? Not sure why, but after an update (software and/or charts), SD needs (a little) time before returning to the same level of performance. Perhaps it's cache-related.
Edited 4/29/2014 2:15:39 PM by MikeTwoOne
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Is the speed of the software dependent upon the number of charts installed? For example, if you currently have loads of chart installed could you try reducing the number to just one (for example) to see if that helps?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search