Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Where have my user waypoints gone?

Author
tenorman
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have defined a number of user waypoints in the past. They now seem to have gone missing! I am now running Skydemon Plan for PC version 3.0.3.0. I suspect this may have happened when I installed a new version of Skydemon Plan.

How do I get them back?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Assuming you have backed them up to the cloud in the past, open the Waypoints window and click Load from Cloud, and they will immediately be restored.

If your waypoints have disappeared, the chances are the local file became corrupted. If you happen to know the rough date you suspect this happened, we can check our logs (if you email us with your account email address) to see if we received a notification that this happened.
tenorman
tenorman
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Thanks Tim. There weren't that many so I'll enter them again and make sure I save them to the cloud this time.

My waypoints tend to be small airfields or visual features that are not on the SD maps. At present I find them on Google Earth then enter the lat and long to create a waypoint in SD. It would be nice if this could be done without the data entry while in the "View on Map" window. I guess this could be difficult / out of your control though.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search