Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Air Navigation Data Format

Author
realatc
Too Much Forum (296 reputation)Too Much Forum (296 reputation)Too Much Forum (296 reputation)Too Much Forum (296 reputation)Too Much Forum (296 reputation)Too Much Forum (296 reputation)Too Much Forum (296 reputation)Too Much Forum (296 reputation)Too Much Forum (296 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear colleagues,

Would you please help me with user files data format which I can use to create my own Airspace, Airfields and etc user files? I have a huge amount of the actual air navigation data in Air Navigation PRO format but I would like to make a batch-converter to convert it to Skydemon format. Is there any online manuals to read and understand the format of the user files in Skydemon for each type of the file?

Thank you.
svartbjorn
svartbjorn
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
Yes, this is a great idea. I am also coming from Air Navigation Pro. I switched to SD because I found it superior over ANR in terms of features. However, there was one thing that made me hesitate: the SD maps. They show very few ground details, making them superior for air navigation since they are far less cluttered than ANR ICAO map. On the other hand they are almost useless if you need to navigate by details on the ground, like creeks, small villages, valleys, peaks. So in another thread on "Suggestions & Beta Discussion" / "Switching between SD maps and custom maps" (http://skydemon.aero/forums/Topic11609.aspx) I suggested support for custom maps, like IACO maps purchased for ANR, and SQlite maps downloaded for other map apps, like Locus.

Hope that SD will comment on this.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Sorry, there are many SkyDemon data formats and they are all proprietary and undocumented. They're mostly text-based, though, so you should have no problem converting other data formats if you're good at that sort of thing, but we can't offer any advise ourselves. You can use the SkyDemon DataCreator tool on Windows to create such data in a GUI, then use Notepad to analyse the output.

I would be very hesitant to convert data from another product, though. Such data is often very poor.

We currently have no intention of incorporating static maps of any kind into SkyDemon.
insedere
insedere
Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)
Hello to all
Im using a trial of SD
I have spend a lot of time to create german VLP and SLP plates to put into folder custom data.
If there is an interest to this file - please feel free to contact me.
SD is in moment the best.
I will subscribe after my licence is ready.
insedere
insedere
Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)Too Much Forum (926 reputation)
For example i want to upload a Picture.

But no Chance

Why?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I don't understand the question. SkyDemon is for flight planning and navigation, not for displaying pictures.
insedere
insedere
Hi
I will upload a picture to this forum not in SD.
I know for my bad english - time to school is a long time ago.
Best regards
Eike
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search