Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"IFR" NOTAMS ?

Author
maxime
Too Much Forum (172 reputation)Too Much Forum (172 reputation)Too Much Forum (172 reputation)Too Much Forum (172 reputation)Too Much Forum (172 reputation)Too Much Forum (172 reputation)Too Much Forum (172 reputation)Too Much Forum (172 reputation)Too Much Forum (172 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am confused by the NOTAM filtering of Skydemon Plan, in particular the VFR/IFR checkboxes. What is the difference between IFR and VFR NOTAMS ? As far as I know there is officially nothing like that.
Furthermore, the classification is dubious. By default the IFR NOTAMS are disabled, however this seems to be hiding valuable information for VFR flights.For instance, the following NOTAM for LKHS is displayed only if IFR is checked:
B0198/14 - ON RWY06L/24R INSTALLED RWY EDGE LIGHTS. EXTREME CAUTION ADVISED WHEN LANDING, TAXIING AND CROSSING RWY. 27 MAR 14:00 2014 UNTIL PERM. CREATED: 27 MAR 10:33 2014
However I think that VFR flights use the runway, too...

Thanks for shedding some light on this... I am using Skydemon Plan for Windows (under linux).
Tags
Edited 3/29/2014 7:42:40 AM by maxime
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
NOTAM, when they are created by the authorities, are classified as applicable to VFR, IFR, or both. The checkboxes in SkyDemon simply reflect that.

If the NOTAM you mentioned has been classified as applicable to IFR traffic only, then that is the responsibility of whoever created the NOTAM. You may be able to contact the airport in question to enquire.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search