Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Live Pilot Log on Android, when?

Author
svartbjorn
Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
According to the Flying Documentation, Live Pilot Log is only available on iPad/iPhone, while on Androind it is specifically mentioned that only Static Pilot Log is available. When will Live PIlot Live be available on Android? I am running SD for Android version 3.0.5.18699.
Edited 3/16/2014 8:08:05 PM by svartbjorn
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Sorry, we do not have a timeframe for this feature.
svartbjorn
svartbjorn
Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)
Creating an Operating Flightplan (= Live Pilot Log) is a key feature. As SD is now for Android, I have to create the Operating Flightplan using a spreadsheet. It works just like SD Live Pilot Log, but I have to enter the wind, distance and airspeed numbers manually.

So PLEASE - assign a top priority on Live Pilot Log also for Android!
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
The only difference between the static pilot log and the live pilot log is that in the latter, a green progress bar highlights how far you are along each route segment and the ETA/ATA column is populated. How can you duplicate this using a spreadsheet?
svartbjorn
svartbjorn
My spread sheet looks almost identical to the Live Pilot Log. An important part of the Operating Flightplan to fill in ATA for each leg as you fly. That is what I do in my spread sheet. The current leg = the first row with blank ATA, so the whole row is highligted with green background color. When I fill in ATA for the current leg, it changes background color to grey, and the next leg changes to green background color. The ETA for the remaining legs are also adjusted based on the latest ATA. So this is like SD Live Pilot Log.

I do not have a progress bar for each leg, but that is possible to implement using a segmented bar where each segment = width of column. The progress would be calculated based on elapsed time from last ATA and ETE for the current leg. However, a manual Sheet Update (Recalculation) must be done. Android Kingsoft Office has that feature. I think I will implement that.

Even though my spread sheet based Operating Flightplan is a solution I can live with, it is not very elegant as I manually need to fill in static data from SD Static Pilot Log before the flight and ATA during the flight, and I have to multitask between SD and the spread sheet application. With SD Live Pilot Log I would have all I need within one application - SD.

Having Static Pilot Log already, it seems to me that you are just missing the last small step to to full Live Pilot Log for Android also. Since you have this feature for IOS, I guess you agree it is a very useful feature.
dypen
dypen
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
I hope "Live Pilot Log for Android" is being implemented as the user experience is as similar as possible to SD for all.

Regards, "dypen" Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search