Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Transferring Waypoints onto Android

Author
KevWal
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

I have a large number of waypoints for a particular exercise across the UK (10,000 or so). These work on the PC fine. upload to the cloud, and sync onto a CE device fine - but on Android and IOS they fail to download from the cloud.

On Android after about 6 seconds the SkyDemon symbol stops rotating, then after 50 seconds the unresponsive application notice comes up - hitting wait just leaves it un response and nothing changes within 10 minutes.

On iPad I can't describe the symptoms exactly as I managed to transfer the waypoint file across directly into the file system (is jailbroken) - but I can't root the Android device to do the same.

This is in a Samsung Galaxy SII, Android 4.1.2, SkyDemon 3.0.3.19499

I appreciate this is an 'unusual' request for such a large number of waypoints, but any help to either work around the issue or for the issue to be fixed would be great.

Thanks very much
Kevin
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It's probably not the waypoints themselves, but the fact SkyDemon is trying to fill a very large list of them in the Waypoints screen.

Transferring the file across yourself will be the way to go. I don't think you need to root your Android device; aren't waypoints stored somewhere accessible within the SkyDemon folder?
Joseph
Joseph
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Hi Tim,

I had also SD crashes when loading 'huge' user WPT files on Android (e.g. SD given BGAxxxx.WPT).
[Noted in topic: SkyDemon for photo flights]
Now I see that IOS is also said to be sensitive in this field.
In case the 'probable' reason of crash is drawing user database table would it be possible to modify SD: skip drawing table or make it a user option? I do not see much sense to view a WPT TXT file within SD.

WR,
Joseph
Edited 1/27/2014 7:50:28 AM by Joseph
KevWal
KevWal
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Hi Tim

Just to say I could not find the waypoint file on Android, but I cleared all data so no waypoints were present and just about managed to get it to import them all from the cloud with lots of 'this application has stopped responding' and pressing wait and staring at a frozen screen hopefully.

Anything that can be done to reduce the overhead of the import in future versions would be appreciated Smile

Thanks very much
Kev
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We'll give some consideration to how we might enable bulk waypoint importing in a future version of SkyDemon.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search