Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Crash on Android 4.4.2 / SD 3.0.3

Author
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson (03/06/2014)
No, that crash is different to the one which was causing stability problems across a few devices and certainly isn't something introduced in the latest beta. It reads like a memory corruption issue; extremely rare and unfortunately beyond our control I'm afraid. The common crash in all the original logs you sent to us is definitely solved and should not come back.

Skydemon is the only crashing app I know. And the previous beta was not crashing at all (even if it was freezing !).
3.0.7.16856 crashes on 3 different devices.

So, I'm not sure I'm sharing the same conclusion.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Is it the same crash you are seeing?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
The good news is that last crash you posted about is one we can catch ourselves. We have put code in place such that any class of exception like that one should NOT bring down the app itself. The other exception wasn't one we could catch, but we have been able to work around it. There will be a new beta in a few minutes.
alberto
alberto
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
At the moment I feel more comfortable using the official release 3.0.6 than a new beta. Formerly the crash on one of my Nexus 7 happened about every hour. Since about 14 days crashes are much more seldom. I had 4 flights last weekend with a total of 8 hours, and I only had one crash. It is very strange for me. I agree with mike that other apps, specially navigation apps do not produce any crash on my device at all.
mickelb
mickelb
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Just bought a Hisense Sero 8 running Android KitKat 4.4.2 - a throw away at £90. Trying to install SkyDemon from Play Store I get a message that the app is not compatible with my device. I've installed the Beta version and it appears to work fine - so why can't I install the production version?
sweetpot
sweetpot
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
I have tried the last beta with android 4.4.3 today.

No more crashes in two hours of flight...Smile
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
mickelb, probably because the Google Play Store is not aware of the capabilities of your device so it cannot verify that SkyDemon will work on it.
mickelb
mickelb
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Tim - Hopefully Google will update their device list soon!

At least the Beta's load and run on it, though I still have to try it in Flying Mode for real.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search