Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GEN, AGA, COM, RAC part in Skyguide Swiss VFR manual

Author
Robinflyer
Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Skydemon team

First of all, I would like to thank you for this great tool! I recently purchased the Skyguide Swiss VFR manual. I have been wondering where the GEN, AGA, COM, RAC part of the VFR manual is? Are these documents available? I can see only the AD part (the AD info and VAC charts in the orange plate section). For your information, I am using the Skydemon App for Android. Thank you for very much your answer.
Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)
Hello Robinflyer,

These documents are technically available to us, and I could publish them right away... However, because they are not associated with any particular airfield, they will not appear in the "plates" window.

There is a special document browser available on iPad only, which permits extra documents to be viewed, but I don't think this will be useful to your situation as you are using Android.

Robinflyer
Robinflyer
Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)Too Much Forum (448 reputation)
Hi Rob

Thank you for your information. So these documents are available on iPad because of the document browser. Is it planned to release the document browser also on Android?
Edited 11/26/2013 5:32:07 PM by Robinflyer
Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)
Unfortunately its not quite as simple as it should be to bring that feature to android...

Apple ship a single uniform pdf reader with every iPad and the software variation between different android devices is not something that we can anticipate.

I wont say it will never happen, but I cannot promise anything either.
Robinflyer
Robinflyer
Thank you for this insight. In this case, I have to buy myself an iPad Smile
Hunter
Hunter
Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)
Dear Skydemon Team

Sorry, to dig up this old thread, but it is exactly about this topic. Is there an update on this issue?
How do I access the Gen, AGA... parts of the Swiss VFR Manual if I buy the subscription in SD?

I use the desktop (pc) and the android version.

thanks!

Rob Hart
Rob Hart
Hunter,

These miscellaneous "non-airfield" documents are stored in a special document browser on your android tablet which you can find by pressing "Tools" at the top of the "Plates" tab. When you open this browser and try to select a plate it will ask which pdf viewer you wish to use, so if you don't yet have one installed, you may have to get one.

Once you have opened the browser, use the index to focus on a group of documents, and the non-airfield documents should be at the top of the list.

I hope that clarifies,

Rob

Hunter
Hunter
Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)Too Much Forum (458 reputation)
Thank you Rob, for your quick answer.

I have not bought the subscription yet, because I wanted to make sure, that I would have access to all the information.

I guess in the desktop version I can access the data through ->Airfield Plates -> Download -> Download Product?

I am very happy with skydemon, nice product!

Rob Hart
Rob Hart
Actually, we only have the document browser for these misc pages in the tablet versions of the software... You will not see them in the PC version (at least for the time being)
Hunter
Hunter
Thank you and sorry to bother again.

As said, I haven't buyed the subscription yet, still evaluating about the SD-Inside subscription and the official subscription from Skyguide (It's a shame they still charge you for these documents).

In my document browser, I can now see the AIP Switzerland,which I guess is for IFR.
Q: I would there see the VFR Manual as a separate Product? 
Q: Is there a possibility to extract the pdf for desktop? I like to use the search function within pdf.

Thanks again.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search