Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

A5 Airprint PLOG iPad

Author
cpcarrot
Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In the first instance, just wanted to say - really great piece of software!

My suggestion - It would be really useful if there was some kind of option to print the PLOG off the iPad in some kind of A5 format via Airpint. That way it would fit into most kneeboard setups and the like. Given the limitations of Airprint I imagine this would have to be accomplished in the app itself - basically producing the document itself in landscape and only covering half the page width wise. That way when it prints it would be simple to fold /cut in half and you would have an A5 sized PLOG you could slip straight into your kneeboard.

At the moment the only way of accomplishing this is to export the PLOG file via e-mail or similar and adjust in some other software, so having something in App would be a lot less hassle.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
The PC version has the option of printing two pages per sheet, this has the effect that you end up with a piece of A4 you fold in half, one half has your PLOG, the other is blank.

That's what I do.

Presumably same isn't available on the iPad?

Andy
cpcarrot
cpcarrot
Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)Too Much Forum (602 reputation)
Unfortunately not (and I'm a mac only user at home). I suspect due to the limitations of airprint. Would be good to be able to do it straight from the iPad.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I agree this would be a great capability to have. Unfortunately, because of the way AirPrint works, it would require a LOT of development effort to implement this properly.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Update: we can now implement this functionality and will hopefully do so for the next version.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search