Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PLOG Customisation

Author
crackle
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I always dreaded manually preparing plogs and often made calculation errors on the E6B. Thanks to Skydemon that is now in the past, and a real pleasure to prepare.

One aspect of manual plogs that I miss is the ability to customise them. I currently write notes and mark the radio frequencies I intend using, but it would be helpful to either have a comments column into which I could type, or allow a comments space in the plog. The former is preferable to allow the use of the iPad as the plog, although I like a paper copy. If this is possible, it would be nice to have a template that could be put on the cloud for all devices.

Secondly, I find I have to add columns to the plog to reduce the font size to try to remain on one page for multiple waypoint trips. I would love to be able to control this manually.

Finally, thanks for v3, the iPhone is useful for tight cockpits!

Regards
Christopher
Ian Brierley
Ian Brierley
Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)
Some great new features in V3 (I think - I'm still discovering) but I agree about the PLOG needs to be on one page. Now the frequency format has changed it runs easily to an inconvenient 2 pages. New layout looks good but it takes up too much precious space.
Sputts
Sputts
Too Much Forum (173 reputation)Too Much Forum (173 reputation)Too Much Forum (173 reputation)Too Much Forum (173 reputation)Too Much Forum (173 reputation)Too Much Forum (173 reputation)Too Much Forum (173 reputation)Too Much Forum (173 reputation)Too Much Forum (173 reputation)
Please can we have the ability to get a one page PLOG? Its driving Carol up the wall...!

Managing to do it via Print Screen and creating a jpg, but its a bit long winded

See you for that pub lunch soon

Cheers

Duffy
Edited 7/9/2014 2:00:19 PM by Sputts
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It depends on the reason why it's two pages in the first place. There's a lot of stuff to get on there! Can you mock up how you'd like it to look and share it? Or just scrawl on the current plog and bring it to the pub...
svartbjorn
svartbjorn
Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)
.[quote]
One aspect of manual plogs that I miss is the ability to customise them. I currently write notes and mark the radio frequencies I intend using, but it would be helpful to either have a comments column into which I could type, or allow a comments space in the plog. The former is preferable to allow the use of the iPad as the plog, although I like a paper copy. If this is possible, it would be nice to have a template that could be put on the cloud for all devices.

Regards
Christopher
[\quote]

I totally agree! I am really missing the capability to add that kind of additional information and notes. Such a feature is also discussed in this thread:

http://skydemon.aero/forums/Topic12357.aspx

This is an important request in my opinion, so I hope SD will respond with their view on this.
Edited 7/14/2014 6:24:56 PM by svartbjorn
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search