Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Upgrading DFS plates

Author
Nils
Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi SkyDemon,

first of all: thank you for this great product! I use it on PC and iPad and its a useful and very practical tool.
I have a DFS subscription and use the plates quite often. I know, there is a new Visual Operation Chart available for EDAZ since September 5th 2013. I updated the charts on both devices but still see the old plate - how the update works in SkyDemon?

btw: any work on a X-Plane interface?

Thx and best regards
Nils
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
The new plate should just show in your Plates window. If you regularly do a "download all" for the DFS plates, it will be downloaded as part of that operation. Due to a technical issue the publication of the latest AIRAC amendment for the VFR AIP was delayed from 19 September to this morning, but that aside, everything should be up to date. I do see the latest 5th September document for EDAZ in the Plates window.
Nils
Nils
Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)Too Much Forum (866 reputation)
Now I see it as well :-)

Nils
henrikl
henrikl
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Hi,

is it possible, that the latest update from the DFS is delayed too ? I have already received my paper version last week.
Not that it matters with the weather in northern germany right now ;-)

Thanks for the great product...
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We update the DFS plates in SkyDemon alongside the AIRAC cycle as I believe this is what we agreed with DFS. I will reach out to them for advice on whether we should be doing it earlier.
henrikl
henrikl
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Wow, wasn't expecting an answer that fast, thank you
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Looks like we've been doing it wrong in waiting for the AIRAC date to publish DFS plate updates. In future we'll publish them as soon as we're notified they are available.
henrikl
henrikl
Hi Tim,

Great, thank you for your outstanding support.
Went night flying the other day and really like the clear information that skydemon gave me.

screetch82
screetch82
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
could you please put up a screenshow how those plates look? do you use the full skydemon or ipad/android?

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search