Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Android

Author
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am going to install it on each and every android device I have at home, including the wife's phone.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
JSTAMPER
JSTAMPER
Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)

My wife’s Nexus 4 worked really well in the RV-12 today.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58309803/Photos/IMG_1028.JPG

The Nexus 4 had little screen reflection, and in that respect was better than my ipad. It was much better screen than the £40 ChineseWindows CE GPS I bought as a backup.

This is returning up the Manchester Low Level Corridor.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58309803/Photos/SkyDemon.wmv

As we haven’t room to mount an ipad in our small panel, a phone version really makes sense. I’ll sell the Windows CE GPS but keep the ipad for backup and big screen planning.

Now is anyone doing a deal on a Samsung Galaxy 4??

John.

Edited 3/17/2013 7:13:53 PM by JSTAMPER
ChrisH
ChrisH
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
stevelup (14/03/2013)
malcolmfrost (14/03/2013)
After downloading, I get a "problem parsing the package" message.
Am I being too ambitious trying it on a Galaxy S?

Does your device meet the minimum requirements (in particular the Android OS must be at least 3.2) - wikipedia says it never had any official release beyond 2.3.

You could try Cyanogenmod, but I think you may end up in a world of pain running 4.x with only 512MB of RAM.

I have an HTC Sensation and was also having parsing problems. I just did a trouble free software upgrade which has fixed the problem.

Settings
About Phone
Software Updates

I accept no responsibility if it kills your phone Smile but mine was very straightforward and happily did itself in ten minutes or so. Just don't mess with it whilst it's doing it

And well chuffed with what I've seen so far .....
Edited 3/22/2013 6:13:27 PM by ChrisH
ChrisH
ChrisH
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
And you can see my level of competancy by the fact that I couldn't make the quote properly above ......
p1lhs
p1lhs
Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)Too Much Forum (150 reputation)
Loaded the app on my Samsung Galaxy SIII mini without problem. I have not had the chance to try it in flight but it appears to work well at ground level in the car although I did have a bit of difficulty climbing to 1300ft to avoid an obstruction!

One issue that I did notice was that the altitude was consistently overstated by around 150 ft - not knowing enough about these things I don't know if this is an Android issue, my phone issue or something else. Other gps apps on my phone also overstate by a similar amount and I have seen similar results on a Nexus 4 whereas on an iPad the altitude is within 20 feet or so similar to the performance of my Garmin 296.
sprucegoose
sprucegoose
Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)
I have SD loaded and working on my HTC One. It's fantastic. Blisteringly fast on a quad core 1.7mhz processor and very clear, and a tidy size in cockpit. A Nexus 7 will shortly replace my oversized iPad, but in the meanwhile this is a great supplementary device. Only issue so far is that the fonts are too big despite being set to the lowest level on a very high resolution screen (470 ppi)
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Would it be a good idea to move this thread to the "Navigation section" of the forum ? Soon it will cease to be a "Beta discussion" any more.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
madgav
madgav
Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)
One issue that I did notice was that the altitude was consistently overstated by around 150 ft

I also noticed that at first on my HTC Sensation and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It seems to have been fixed in the latest beta (dated 20th March), as has the crashing on the Galaxy Tab 2.
Edited 3/26/2013 10:59:46 AM by madgav
kevkdg
kevkdg
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a suitable mount for a Nexus 7 that can clamp to some metal tubing (with diameter of less than a cm) and that has a short arm.

Cheers
Henny Joosten
Henny Joosten
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
I installed the latest version with Google Play (store). Works fine but one thing that I have send twice to the development team:
When touching an airport, I no longer see crucial information like radio (communication) freqs en runway information. One of the powerfull options from Skydemon I think. When choosing an airport to visit we always checked basic info by touching that airport on the map!
The only way at this moment is to make a route, including the airport to visit and then looking up the info retrieving the pilot log.
So dear Skydemon team, please inplement it (back) as in the CE and Ipad version.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search