Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

transfering user waypoint to iPad

Author
sprucegoose
Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The help file says

Transferring Waypoints using Cloud Storage
To transfer your user-defined waypoints from the PC to the iPad, or vice versa, quickly and easily you can use the 'Save to Cloud' and 'Load from Cloud' options in the Waypoints window (tap Tools in this window on the iPad). All waypoints will be replaced by the ones loaded from the Cloud to avoid duplication.

Yet in the setup/waypoints window on the PC there is only an option to import or export a .gpx to the PC - no cloud option. However, setup/aircraft has buttons for save to, and load from, the cloud, which is what I was expecting to find in the waypoints window.

What's occurring, brothers?
Max_UK
Max_UK
Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)
I've just checked my PC Skydemon & the option is there in the Setup - Waypoints window.

Are you using the latest version 2.5.2?

My problem is that the Cloud storage is not very big & I get the message:

"The Specified File is too big for cloud storage"

So, the other option is to export your waypoints from the PC SkyDemon as a .gpx file (to desktop perhaps) then rename it ***.waypoints.gpx.

Very important to have the file named correctly, then open iTunes, find the SkyDemon app (lower left of page), click the Add button at bottom right & direct the search to your desktop & the ***.waypoints.gpx file. Should then see your waypoints on the map once SkyDemon is opened on the iPad

Hope I'm not stating the bl**ding obvious.BigGrin

Regards,

Max.
Edited 2/23/2013 4:05:37 PM by Max_UK
sprucegoose
sprucegoose
Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.9K reputation)
Thanks Max. I was trying to avoid iTunes, which I hate, and the option is definitely missing in my version, which is the latest one. I have a screengrab in my Dropbox which I'll post when I can work out how to do it
Awqward
Awqward
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Related query: I have SD on my iPad and on my PC for flight planning and generally store and retrieve flight plans to/from the cloud...but occasionally I log in to SD Web using someone else's PC...is it possible to access my flight plans using SD Web? And if not is this a feature others would find useful?

AQ
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search