Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

new ipad update

Author
Not bright with IT
Too Much Forum (496 reputation)Too Much Forum (496 reputation)Too Much Forum (496 reputation)Too Much Forum (496 reputation)Too Much Forum (496 reputation)Too Much Forum (496 reputation)Too Much Forum (496 reputation)Too Much Forum (496 reputation)Too Much Forum (496 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I also downloaded then new version and at the moment unable to find Satellites. We should have the option to install the old version

Pete
Edited 10/12/2012 11:21:09 AM by Not bright with IT
Timothy
Timothy
Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)
Yes, please can we quickly have an ipa and provisioning profile to get back to previous version?

Thank you!
chrysalid
chrysalid
Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)
Hi,

I'm seeing the startup problem on the recent update (Oct 11 - I think it's 2.4.3).

I'm running an iPad 1 on IOS 5 with integrated 3G/GPS, Wi-Fi switched on.

Starting up SkyDemon, when clicking on the "I Agree" on the first screen - I see the following behaviours:

- It will hang - no response

- It will exit (after a while)

- It will start up OK

It appears to be unpredictable which will occur.

I have not tried GPS nav.

Stop press: I've just noticed that SkyDemon has disappeared from the iTunes store. I guess it's being updated. If so, thanks for the quick response on this...

Chrysalid.
Timothy
Timothy
Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)
I saw all those behaviours too.

The minutes tick away to when I need to used it...any chance of a downgrade?
chrysalid
chrysalid
Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)
Given that the App has disappeared from the iTunes store (and that I need it operational tomorrow - SkyDemon's update on Facebook says they'll try to get an updated app by Monday/Tuesday)... does anyone know if the following will work:

(I should still have the .ipa from the previous SkyDemon App version on my PC (I haven't synced since I updated the SkyDemon App))

1. Uninstall the current version of the App from the iPad.

2. Sync the iPad (and hopefully iTunes will put the previous .ipa onto the iPad)

I realise that I'll lose all content from the iPad - but the save/load to/from cloud will be beneficial here.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Chrysalid
PhoenixUK
PhoenixUK
Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)
Very annoying!

I waited and waited to see if there would be any announcement about an Android (my preferred platform) version of Sky Demon but with nothing forthcoming I went out and bought an iPad last week. Installed Sky Demon, updated last night in preparation for going flying with it today and the damn thing doesn't work!

Really very unsatisfactory and very disappointing. Was there no form of quality control prior to the release of this update?

On a slight plus side despite my distaste for the Apple company and the way it does business I have been very impressed with the iPad!
Timothy
Timothy
The following definitively worked for me:
  1. In iPad hold down SD icon until it shakes and gets a X
  2. Press the X
  3. Plug into PC and load iTunes
  4. Go to LIBRARY/Apps
  5. Find SD Icon
  6. Drag it to DEVICES/your iPad
I now have the previous version on my iPad.
chrysalid
chrysalid
Great - thanks, Timothy.

I will try the same this evening.
nwhite007
nwhite007
Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.8K reputation)
Hi everyone, I like most people it seems jumped the gun a little and went ahead and downloaded the latest update of Skydemon to my iPad3 (New iPad) thinking all the Beta testing had been done and all would be ok as is normally the case. Alas it seems one big bug has squeezed through the quality control net! Same errors as all and a big Green Banner "Seeking GPS Satellites"
I guess most of you like me are looking forward to the weekend and with a bit of luck some flyable weather with the good old Skydemon on my knee for assistance. (Oh no back to using the chart!!!)

All is not lost if you have an iPad and iTunes on a PC or Mac, can't verify if this will work on a PC as I use a Mac but I can't see why it wouldn't.

1. Open iTunes and DO NOT select the option to update any of your Apps.
2. On your iPad close Skydemon, double click the home button then click the - (minus) on the App icon.
3. Click the home button again and this will take you to the home screen, find the Skydemon icon and hold your finger down on it until wobbles and a x (cross) appears then click the cross, this will delete it from your iPad.
4. Connect your iPad to your computer and select the device in the left hand pane and wait for it to sync, (this will sync it up minus the new updated version of Skydemon)
5. After the sync is complete look through your list of Apps and you will see Skydemon app is not ticked, (providing you have not updated your Apps through iTunes) then this is the old version before the update.
6. Tick the Skydemon App, click apply bottom right and then click sync, this will install the version before the update with the bug in it.

You will end up having to set it back up as all waypoints etc will be lost but at least you will be able to take that flight and planning the easy way with your old trusty Skydemon companion!

Hope this helps and Happy Safe Flying

Nige
PhoenixUK
PhoenixUK
Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)Too Much Forum (582 reputation)
Thank you Timothy and Nigel. That has worked a treat and am back to the old version. Off to go flying now to have a play with it before it gets dark!!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search