Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

How can I adjust the resolution (spacing between logged points) in the flight log?

How can I adjust the resolution (spacing between logged points) in the...
Author
Ramscroft
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Is there a way to change the spacing between the points in the log that shows your track? The tracks are sometimes very 50 pence piece-like instead of smooth curves, as shown in the image below. I'm using the SD MD unit and I can't see anything obvious in the menus. I'd like to be able to assess the consistency of my flying holds and approaches but there are too few points to tell very much.

Thanks

Ray

http://www.ramscroft.com/Flying/SDLog.jpg
Tags
srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
I agree - Can we have a setup option "Fine" or "Coarse" flight logging or maybe intelligent logging so that where the heading is changing rapidy then the logging interval is reduced?
WinHern
WinHern
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
You have the option of exporting the log to a gpx file. It can then be imported to google earth in fine resolution. (5s I believe unless the recent update changed anything)
Ramscroft
Ramscroft
That allows the track to be displayed in Google Earth ok (thank you) but it would be nicer if I could display it in SkyDemon at the higher resolution, as that would allow it to be compared to the position of the nav aids.
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)
I can export as a gpx file but how do you then import it into google earth?
Alexey
Alexey
You do not import. Google Earth opens gpx files File-Open menu.
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)Too Much Forum (43K reputation)
Thanks
john1million
john1million
Too Much Forum (876 reputation)Too Much Forum (876 reputation)Too Much Forum (876 reputation)Too Much Forum (876 reputation)Too Much Forum (876 reputation)Too Much Forum (876 reputation)Too Much Forum (876 reputation)Too Much Forum (876 reputation)Too Much Forum (876 reputation)
I quite like the default resolution as my circuits always look nicely rectangular. Smile
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Track points are logged every 5 seconds, which is more than adequate. It's the display of the log that might sometimes get reduced in complexity. Assuming you're using the latest version (we did improve this recently) could you post a log, or send us one, that you believe looks much worse than it should?
Ramscroft
Ramscroft
Hi Tim. Sorry about the delay (I've been away) but thanks for taking a look at this.

The SD-generated log appears to contain points every few seconds but the spacing between the points that are displayed in SD Plan on the PC is much greater - maybe every tenth point or something like that. However, if you export from SD to .gpx and display it in Google Earth, all of the points are shown, as this screen shot from Google Earth illustrates (using the same log file that I used for the SD screen shot in my OP).

http://www.ramscroft.com/Flying/SampleLog.jpg

The corresponding log file is here (in .gpx format) and here (in native SD format)

Ray
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search