Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Export to fsx (.pln)

Author
pmb
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am new to this forum and not (yet) a customer. I am not a real world pilot, however a 20 yrs Flight Simulator pilot. SkyDemon has a very nice interface and might be well suited for flight simulation, too. Did you ever think about implementing an export module for MS Flight Simulator X (.pln) flight plans? I'd expect not all features of SkyDemon can be exported to proper variables of fsx, but basically this sound an interesting idea to me (and would make SkyDemon an interesting program for me, even more, as I mostly fly VFR.)

Kind Regards, Michael
Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)
SD does interface extremely well with FS and I have undertaken many a flight initially on the simulator under adverse weather conditions before going out and doing the flight for real.

There are a number of different ways of undertaking this interface but since SD can be supplied the necessary GPS data streams/sentences via a SERIAL COM PORT, I have opted for a wireless connection via my home router and using VSPE (Virtual Serial Port Emulator) which is free from www.eterlogin.com for non commercial use (look under DOWNLOADS to find the VSPE application). This means that FS is running on one computer while SD is running on another (touch screen tablet) and allowing me to handle the SD device (tablet computer) exactly as I would do in the real aircraft.
The great advantage of using wireless is that you can handle the SD unit without restriction of movement and if you really want to you can put FS on autopilot, carrying SD downstairs and watch TV while the flight progresses -- otherwise known as being the Capt. of a long haul flight. Takes the fun out of flying though!!!

Hope this helps.

Biggles -- EGKB
Edited 8/14/2012 10:01:00 PM by Biggles-EGKB
pmb
pmb
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Biggles-EGKB (14/08/2012)
SD does interface extremely well with FS and I have undertaken many a flight initially on the simulator under adverse weather conditions before going out and doing the flight for real.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. This is another kind of interaction than I had in mind, but it is sure interesting. Actually, I have a 2 PC setup with several add-ons running on a Laptop, however they're connected via a hard wired Ethernet router. Is there support for this, too?

Kind Regards, Michael
Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)
The VSPE software works independently of the method of data transfer (wired or wireless). VSPE does what is says on the tin, it allows one device to "see" the data of another device as a COM PORT across a network.

Biggles -- EGKB
Edited 8/14/2012 11:00:47 PM by Biggles-EGKB
pmb
pmb
Biggles-EGKB (14/08/2012)
The VSPE software works independently of the method of data transfer (wired or wireless). VSPE does what is says on the tin, it allows one device to "see" the data of another device as a COM PORT across a network.

Thanks again - not sure if I'll be able to configure that beast, but I might try once I can allocate some spare time.

BTW, just for the record, the correct URL is http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html

Kind regards, Michael
Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
It's not all that difficult but if you get stuck, put a post up and I'll outline the stages.

Biggles -- EGKB
Ivanr
Ivanr
Too Much Forum (241 reputation)Too Much Forum (241 reputation)Too Much Forum (241 reputation)Too Much Forum (241 reputation)Too Much Forum (241 reputation)Too Much Forum (241 reputation)Too Much Forum (241 reputation)Too Much Forum (241 reputation)Too Much Forum (241 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Back on topic

You could try this utility for converting gpx to pln files.

http://www.flightutilities.com/FP.aspx
pmb
pmb
Hi Ivanr,

this is indeed what I was looking for at first. I am just on a holiday trip without access to my flightsim PC but will try this out later.

Thank you very much,

Kind Regards, Michael
Edited 8/19/2012 9:42:32 PM by pmb
SE-AKS
SE-AKS
Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)
Hello!

I have bought VSPE (64-bit) and would like to connect FSX to SD gps on my iPad.

How do I configure the ports and apps?

Kennet
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search