Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Plates

Author
tommy
Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)Too Much Forum (244 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have just updated my i- pad and found the platetab but when I pull it no plates appear. Do I have to download, buy or what do I do to view the plates.

Am I missing something here? Please help with the procedure.
Rick Goddin
Rick Goddin
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
The plates should appear when you put a route in and then click the plates tab.

Rick

Rick Goddin WFAeCWhitehill Farm Aero Club
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
All you have to do is plan a route and plates for your route will appear, where available.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
I have likely the same problem running SD 2.4 on my iPad 3. After planning a route and clicking the plates tab I find no plates. Tapping on the "Find" button and entering a prominent airport (such as, e.g., Vienna, LOWW) -- still nothing.

Is this a country problem that for some countries (I tried Austria, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia and Germany) there are no plates available yet?

Please advise, -- Chris.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
How strange. There are three non-IFR plates listed for LOWW when you search for plates in SkyDemon. Anything for EGLL, EGHA, for example?
flyboy430
flyboy430
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
I have a similar issue.

Having planned a flight from EGLK (Balckbushe) to EGHQ (Newquay), SD pulled up the plates for both airports. I wanted to use the "Find Plates" function to download plates for other airports near my route since the weather was not great and if I needed to divert, the other plates would be useful to have available.

However, although using "Find Plates" for EGUB correctly identified Benson, when I tapped on Benson in the find list, the list simply disappeared. I then tried the same for EGTE, got Exeter in the find list, tapped on Exeter and the plates loaded. I tried this for a couple of other locations and it seems that if the airport you are searching for is actually displayed on the background flight planning map, the plates do not appear. If the airport is not shown on the map, the plates do appear!

I also noticed that although I tapped "Find Plates" to get to this point, the dialogue box actually has "Find Waypoint" in the title bar.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
Tim Dawson (11/07/2012)
How strange. There are three non-IFR plates listed for LOWW when you search for plates in SkyDemon. Anything for EGLL, EGHA, for example?

I just checked again. I am connected to the internet and running SD 2.4 on my iPad 3. I have a route planed from LOLG to LOAN. I tap on the Plates tab on the right and a sliding pane opens which lets me choose either Filtering or Find Plates. Under Filtering I have everything set to "on". I tap on Find Plates and a window pops up titled "Find Waypoint". In the search box I type LOWW, which results in "Wien Schwechat" being displayed below the search box. I tap on it, the search window goes away and what remains is the Plates pane -- albeit empty. No plates.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any help, -- Chris.
flyboy430
flyboy430
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Chris

Having played around some more, it seems the problem I am having is only related to UK military airfields. I cannot get plates for Benson, Brize Norton or Boscombe Down and since these don't appear in the UK civilian AIS publications, that's probably the explanation.

However, I did try to replicate your problem. I created a route from LOLG to LOAN and plates for LOAN automatically loaded. I then tried to find the plates for LOWW and got 24 plates downloaded. It sounds like a configuration problem.

Check in "Setup" that under "Communication Options" you have it set to "Live Data when Planning". If it is in offline mode, the plates will not appear unless thay have been previously downloaded.

Hope that helps.

Dan
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
I feel stupid to some degree. Yes, i was in offline mode while planning. Going online solved the problem.

Thanks, -- Chris.

P.S. Are there any plans to extend the charts to include VFR approach charts also?
flyboy430
flyboy430
Chris

I am a mere user like yourself so don't have the inside knowledge on what is planned for SD in the future. That's really a question for Tim to answer.

However, I think having visual approach charts probably depends on whether they are published in the National AIP for each country. If you search for plates for Le Touquet, for example, there is a visual approach chart. However, there are no such charts for the UK as far as I am aware since they are not published in the AIP.

Dan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search