Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flight timers

Author
shawkins0
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I like the timer feature in SD and I've got one set to 30 min to remind me to switch fuel tanks. But the timer appears to start when I turn the unit on. It would be useful to have the option to set the timer to automatically start after takeoff (ie when the takeoff groundspeed is reached as with the flight timer). If you would also like this option please post here. Thank you.
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
I agree, but thought it already did work like the flight timer, I hadn't noticed that it started when you switch in on.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I thought the timers started at the same time flight logging started, i.e. when you take off.
RODGER387
RODGER387
Too Much Forum (208 reputation)Too Much Forum (208 reputation)Too Much Forum (208 reputation)Too Much Forum (208 reputation)Too Much Forum (208 reputation)Too Much Forum (208 reputation)Too Much Forum (208 reputation)Too Much Forum (208 reputation)Too Much Forum (208 reputation)
shawkins0 (06/04/2012)
I like the timer feature in SD and I've got one set to 30 min to remind me to switch fuel tanks. But the timer appears to start when I turn the unit on. It would be useful to have the option to set the timer to automatically start after takeoff (ie when the takeoff groundspeed is reached as with the flight timer). If you would also like this option please post here. Thank you.

shawkins0
shawkins0
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Hi Tim,

I'm running software version 2.3.2 on the MD and the timer starts when I turn the power on. I tested this at home. I placed the MD on a window sill and after 30 minutes my 30 minute fuel timer appeared. I have a feeling that perhaps this wasn't the case on earlier software versions but I'm not sure. It's definitely not starting at takeoff now so a fix would be appreciated.

I've got the ipad version now too and it doesn't appear to include a user settable timer. If you could add this feature in the next version that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Hmm, they shouldn't fire at all while not in flight. Can you confirm you see this with a new timer, set for every 2 minutes?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search