Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Geo-Ref airport departure/approach & Traffic circuit plates?

Author
jazondag
Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)Too Much Forum (749 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In the first place I'm very happy that skyDemon moved onto the iPad. congrats on that.

Besides some small improvements required ( ie onscreen botton between heads-up vs north-up it is now somewhere in the menu, ie use the north indicator to switch)
There is one critical phase of flight which is not fully in details covered and this is the airport departure/approach.
To make Sky demon not only an enroute but a full an A-to-B application , i could suggest to use Geo-Ref airport approach & Traffic circuit plates ( like jeppesen), which pop-up on airport approach.

keep up the good work

:-))

Jaap
pschartau
pschartau
Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.8K reputation)
I would like that too. Personally I prefer to look at official VFR plates rather than the Skydemon ones.
dkrizic
dkrizic
Too Much Forum (365 reputation)Too Much Forum (365 reputation)Too Much Forum (365 reputation)Too Much Forum (365 reputation)Too Much Forum (365 reputation)Too Much Forum (365 reputation)Too Much Forum (365 reputation)Too Much Forum (365 reputation)Too Much Forum (365 reputation)
Hello,

+1 by me

I am currently testing SkyDemon on the iPad as a potential replacement for Sky-Map. But the missing Traffic Patterns and Approaches are a definitive NO-GO. I fly mostly in Egelsbach (EDFE) where the Reporting Points depend on the RWY direction and where departure routes are no straight lines from RWY to the reporting point, because of the dense airspaces especially in the Frankfurt area.

The rest is impressive, including the performance and the fluid interface including NOTAMs and WX.

Regards,

Darko
Tags
RobinHood
RobinHood
Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)
Hi,

+1 for me.
I'm also testing SD for our flying club in Germany. The most requested feature are traffic patterns/circuits on the iPad.
It's not necessary to have the (sorry for using the bad word) "scanned" plates. It would (for the first step) also be fine to be able to define the traffic circuits manually.

Is there any chance to get that work?
I also remember a discussion on AERO this year about getting the official sources from EUROCONTROL.

Looking forward for your reply,
Robin

Best regards,
Robin Seidelmann

secosu | Consulting & Support
Experts for ERP-Evaluation & ERP-Implementation projects in Europe

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic