Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Device Limit for M1 Mac Users

Author
R
Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)Forum Member (37 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The subscription is for 2 PCs and 2 Mobile devices, is there anyway this could be changed to allow an M1 MacBook to be counted as a PC rather than a mobile device?

I ask as I do not have access to a Windows Computer for use with Skydemon
BJS
B
Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)
How do you use Skydemon on M1, installed the mobile iOS Version with the usual hack? How do you suppose should the software be able to tell it is on a Macbook, when it really is a mobile application running by surprise on a laptop computer?
smoothop3
s
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
M1 Macs can load any IOS app without doing anything special - no VMs or emulators required and it is very easy to install.
SkyDemon works very well on it but it is a real nuisance that it thinks it is on a mobile device in licensing terms - how quaint!

FlorianM
F
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Good Morning,

is there any update on this topic?

On my MacBook I actually use SD through parallels environment for planing my trips. What I dislike is the speed of that solution. I made the experience that the iOS Version is much more powerful und is running better and more smooth.

Unfortunately there are some issues running SD on an MacBook with M1 chip. The biggest pain is regarding the print features of the pilot log and the charts from the AIPs. You can use the overlay function but you are not able to print - and to be honest, I prefer having a printed approach chart with me.

Are there any plans to fix that?

I think the future of Apple will be the silicon platform and with your current iOS Product, you do already have a really good product which makes you able to provide a rock solid version for the new generation of Apple desktop Hardware by fixing the existing issues.

I would be very thankful If you can address that task to one of your developers.

SkyDemon is the best solution on the market for VFR Pilots. Thank you for providing us that great tool. I do not want to seem ungrateful  but as customers it is our job to push you forward ;-)

Skyboy999
Skyboy999
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
I also have an M1 Mac so like the sound of this and would support.

Loosely related, it would be good to be able to designate a (in my case iPad/IOS) device as the 'prime' which would never log out.

harryab1234
h
Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)Junior Member (19 reputation)
I'm having the same issue so +1 for support for this suggestion!
Tom1969
T
Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)
Hello,

i also like to know if there can be any solutions. I use 1 Licence for my iPad an one for my iPhone as backup-option. It will be helpful to use it also on my Mac M1 as iPad app, so i can save the windows emulator and system to buy and install.

Edited 7/27/2022 7:48:42 PM by Tom1969
Skyboy999
Skyboy999
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Any chance SD could respond whether they are willing to take this suggestion forward (the bit about designating a particular login as the 'prime' which would never logout). Thanks
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
The next version of SkyDemon will properly support Mac M1 computers, they will be treated as PCs for the purposes of SkyDemon logins.
FlorianM
F
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/9/2022 1:57:23 PM
The next version of SkyDemon will properly support Mac M1 computers, they will be treated as PCs for the purposes of SkyDemon logins.

That is a very good message for us. Does this update also fix the issues regarding the known issues with the pdf and report creation. For example approach charts and pilot briefing…?

Thank you for fixing that. Bringing SD full features to the MacBook would be really great.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search