Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Fuel type for electric aircraft

Author
e
Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)Junior Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have recently started flying the local club's Pipistrel Velis Electro. I would like to add it to the Skydemon app for assistance in planning point-to-point flights. I have currently added it with a fuel type of "avgas" with the tank capacity corresponding to the battery size in kWh and fuel consumption in kW. I consider this a bit of an ugly hack though since it also interferes with the weight and balance calculations. Could I request an option to add a fuel type with 0 weight for this case. I'm sure in a few years there will be more and more models appearing with capacities measured in kWh rather than liters Smile.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This is kind of on our radar, but low priority at the moment due to the limited number of these aircraft operating.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search