Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

superflous info?

Author
R
Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When flying  close and east of the Schiphol CTR You "enter" a massive circle (TSA22) that partly protrudes into the CTR. SD warns accordingly, however this is a memorial zone which is active only ONE day a Year! (Oct 4th).
There are a few more circles like this inside the SPL CTR.
Why display this year-round and alert and scare people 364 days for nothing?
Our airspace is already cluttered enough, chaotic if You will, I can live without these things.
Even our EAIP VFR chart does not show this. https://vfrchart.lvnl.nl/
Richard.

Edited 3/30/2021 4:27:27 PM by Richard Branderhorst
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
To be clear, your suggestion is that we remove certain Dutch TSA from our charts completely?
Richard Branderhorst
R
Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)Too Much Forum (80 reputation)
Tim, Yes that would be great, less info when not absolutely necessary makes any chart more clear. To make sure, I just wrote an email to the makers of our official EAIP interactive VFR chart, where this kind of RA's are only displayed on the active day.
I also asked if I am allowed to send their email address to You, I will come back when I have more info.

Richard Branderhorst
R
Tim

I talked to the designers/drawers of the EAIP VFR map of The Netherlands. They themselves see no use in displaying the aforementioned areas Year round, knowing that they are only ONE hour in use each Year due to commemorations. There areas have NO restrictions the other 8759 hours of the Year, so please keep them hidden. Just that one day of the Year would suffice. Or maybe just one day more in advance as a leading heads up.
This would matter to EHTSA 16 up to and including EHTSA 28. Not all the days and times are the same, as are the altitudes/heights.
EHTSA27 refers to veteran's day, which since 2009 is now the last saturday of june. It is held Each Year.

I have got an interesting picture which I will send to You personally.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We don't currently have the facility within our data to make a piece of airspace only visible for a small timeframe like this.

Is a NOTAM issued for any of these pieces of airspace when they're actually active?

Richard Branderhorst
R
Tim Dawson - 4/12/2021 8:17:08 AM
We don't currently have the facility within our data to make a piece of airspace only visible for a small timeframe like this.

Is a NOTAM issued for any of these pieces of airspace when they're actually active?

I don't think so but I will ask them how they cope with it. Can You PM me an email address they can get in contact with You?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Using the Contact form on our website is the best way to get in touch with support. Thanks!
Richard Branderhorst
R
There is now a dedicated page with info about the once-a-Year areas that are prohibited to fly in. In our already disturbingly complex/chaotic  airspace anything that is unnecessary displayed 99,999% of the time is welcome to be removed.

Richard

Edited 7/14/2021 11:06:58 AM by Richard Branderhorst
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search