Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Reverse Route, but Alternate retained?

Author
daerden
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I like the Reverse Route option. However, the reversed track retains the alternate destination, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Minor inconvenience, but I would suggest removing the alternate when the user asks to reverse the route.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We discussed this at a recent development meeting. Because of the fact that people often reverse their route then immediately reverse it again (just to inspect it) we would not remove the alternate, as that would leave them with their route in an altered state after the two actions.

We therefore leave it to the user's discretion, on purpose, to change or remove their alternate.

tcx32fr
t
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/1/2019 9:14:06 AM
We discussed this at a recent development meeting. Because of the fact that people often reverse their route then immediately reverse it again (just to inspect it) we would not remove the alternate, as that would leave them with their route in an altered state after the two actions.

We therefore leave it to the user's discretion, on purpose, to change or remove their alternate.

Hello
I used yesteday this feature 'Reverse' and indeed my previous alternate was retained. But I was not aware of this choice of retaining it and only noticed it in flight on my return flight.

Now I got quite weird behavior while returning. Instead of having my estimate ETA & ETE for my destination = END on the top of the NAV screen, I was getting my previous route alternate as the END,and ETA was current time and ETE = 0. I have taken sceenshots, see below.

Though I can understand a choice has been taken to retain the alternate after using "Reverse" - which I personally don't like - at least SD should not present to the pilot wrong information.
Practically I had to kill my flight plan doing a Direct to, then unlock the leg to add additional waypoints, then I got correct estimates for my destination = END

Thanks for any comment !

tcx32fr
t
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
tcx32fr - 7/10/2021 11:23:43 AM
Tim Dawson - 7/1/2019 9:14:06 AM

Hello
I used yesteday this feature 'Reverse' and indeed my previous alternate was retained. But I was not aware of this choice of retaining it and only noticed it in flight on my return flight.

Now I got quite weird behavior while returning. Instead of having my estimate ETA & ETE for my destination = END on the top of the NAV screen, I was getting my previous route alternate as the END,and ETA was current time and ETE = 0. I have taken sceenshots, see below.

Though I can understand a choice has been taken to retain the alternate after using "Reverse" - which I personally don't like - at least SD should not present to the pilot wrong information.
Practically I had to kill my flight plan doing a Direct to, then unlock the leg to add additional waypoints, then I got correct estimates for my destination = END

Thanks for any comment !

By the way I just noticed that the destination and the alternate seem to be mixed up since the end of the pilot log show " LFBR Muret Lherm and just below LFEQ Quiberon". Seem Dest & Alt are merged ...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
If you have an alternate planned, and your current position indicates you're closer to that course-to-alternate than any of your other planned legs, then SkyDemon will indeed assume you're flying your alternate leg. This is by design, and our rationale for not automatically wiping out your alternate when you reverse your route remains the same as described earlier in this thread.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search