Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon + PowerFlarm Fusion

Author
J
Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I tried to connect to my new PowerFlarm Fusion without any luck. Could anybody give me some advise how to connect and what settings are required ?

Thanks in advance

Jan

Maverick79
M
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)
JayBee - 4/6/2021 8:14:00 AM
Hi,

I tried to connect to my new PowerFlarm Fusion without any luck. Could anybody give me some advise how to connect and what settings are required ?

Thanks in advance

Jan

Take the „GDL90 Compatible Device“ 
Worked instantly 

beersc
b
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Maverick79 - 5/4/2021 11:37:52 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Jan

Worked instantly 

Hello Jan.
I have also have purchased the new Flarm fusion and had some problems. Connection with SD was possible using the GDL90 compatable device option, but with that SD shows no bearingless targets (modeS), only flarm and ads-b. For bearingless targets SD needs the Flarm protocol, but selecting Flarm (with airconnect) in third party devices did not connect.
I have been in contact with SD and Flarm concerning this, and have now received information via Flarm that SD and Flarm worked together to solve the problem.
SD has released a beta version to test, were you can directly select the fusion in third party devices.
I tried it, and immediatly connection was made, and SD also shows the bearingless targets! Worth a try!
The beta version can be downloaded via https://www.skydemon.aero/start/beta.aspx

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
This version is now public, so PowerFLARM Fusion is selectable in Third-Party Device options.
JayBee
J
Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)Too Much Forum (127 reputation)
beersc - 5/22/2021 3:44:29 PM
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Jan

Worked instantly 

Hello Jan.
I have also have purchased the new Flarm fusion and had some problems. Connection with SD was possible using the GDL90 compatable device option, but with that SD shows no bearingless targets (modeS), only flarm and ads-b. For bearingless targets SD needs the Flarm protocol, but selecting Flarm (with airconnect) in third party devices did not connect.
I have been in contact with SD and Flarm concerning this, and have now received information via Flarm that SD and Flarm worked together to solve the problem.
SD has released a beta version to test, were you can directly select the fusion in third party devices.
I tried it, and immediatly connection was made, and SD also shows the bearingless targets! Worth a try!
The beta version can be downloaded via https://www.skydemon.aero/start/beta.aspx

Thanks for the information... now, it works !
beersc
b
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
JayBee - 5/31/2021 10:16:57 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Jan

Worked instantly 

Hello Jan.

Hello all.
I am still having trouble with the powerflarm connection to SD, the wifi is unstable and regularly loses connection. I then get a notification on SD saying "reconnecting to device" and or "authenticating". Because of this SD loses its position, as it also gets GPS information from the fusion. I have tried several suggestions from the internet to remedy unstable wifi in Android, but no change. I also do not think the problem is in the android settings, connection losses only occur when SD is connected with the powerflarm option. When SD is connected via GDL 90 there is no problem with the wifi, and no diconnections. (but no bearinless info)
I found that the unstable wifi seems to start as soon as the fusion receives other traffic. The other day I was in the hangar testing, the fusion received GPS but no other traffic and the connection was good and stable for longer periods. But as soon as I openened the hangar doors and the fusion received other traffic the disconnections started again.
Any suggestions to remedy this?

beersc
b
beersc - 6/20/2021 10:49:11 AM
JayBee - 5/31/2021 10:16:57 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Jan

Worked instantly 

Hello Jan.

Hello all.
I am still having trouble with the powerflarm connection to SD, the wifi is unstable and regularly loses connection. I then get a notification on SD saying "reconnecting to device" and or "authenticating". Because of this SD loses its position, as it also gets GPS information from the fusion. I have tried several suggestions from the internet to remedy unstable wifi in Android, but no change. I also do not think the problem is in the android settings, connection losses only occur when SD is connected with the powerflarm option. When SD is connected via GDL 90 there is no problem with the wifi, and no diconnections. (but no bearinless info)
I found that the unstable wifi seems to start as soon as the fusion receives other traffic. The other day I was in the hangar testing, the fusion received GPS but no other traffic and the connection was good and stable for longer periods. But as soon as I openened the hangar doors and the fusion received other traffic the disconnections started again.
Any suggestions to remedy this?

In addition to my last post, I also get the notification "seeking GPS sattelites" when disconnection occurs, and today also "unexpected GPS data encountered: $PFLAE,A*33"
Maybe this info helps.

astf7
a
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
I have the same problem, Wi-Fi disconnect, skydemon loose position.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
If the wifi is disconnecting, there's nothing we can do about that from the SkyDemon side. SkyDemon relies on your device having a wifi connection to the Flarm unit.
beersc
b
Tim Dawson - 6/28/2021 9:26:05 AM
If the wifi is disconnecting, there's nothing we can do about that from the SkyDemon side. SkyDemon relies on your device having a wifi connection to the Flarm unit.

Hello Tim, and thanks for your reaction.
Point is, with the GDL90 option there are no disconnections. Only with the powerflarm fusion option, and it seems that these disconnections start as soon as traffic data is being received by the Fusion (and sent to SD). So this does not point to wrong settings in the android device. I read on other fora that SD is sensitive to receiving invalid data. Might this be the case? And if so, was this also a problem when using SD with the Powerflarm core/airconnect option?
Like to have your input, as I have also contacted Flarm about this (but have not yet received reaction). Would like to use the full potential of the fusion/SD combionation....

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search