Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Adding VFR Routes

Author
A
Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

I've just subscribed to SkyDemon and am impressed with the level of detail for South Africa (where I'm based) - down to VFR reporting points and certain AIP-specified VFR routes.  There are other VFR routes that would be useful to add - I see I can add custom waypoints but is there a way to add a VFR Route?  Or even better, to have these created so they are available for all aviators in SA?
An example of one of these is the Pinedene VFR Route. - refer to the Enroute AIP, page 436 (section 3.5.2.1)

Cheers
Andrew

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
You can only add routes via the PC Plan version and bring them to mobile devices by sync via cloud.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
If they're of use to lots of aviators in South Africa we would probably just add them to our charts, as you suggest. Could you get in touch with us directly, via the Contact Us page on our website? That way we can connect you directly to the person responsible for South Africa data and make sure we get these routes included in the best way possible. Thanks!
Andrew
A
Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/14/2021 9:16:31 AM
If they're of use to lots of aviators in South Africa we would probably just add them to our charts, as you suggest. Could you get in touch with us directly, via the Contact Us page on our website? That way we can connect you directly to the person responsible for South Africa data and make sure we get these routes included in the best way possible. Thanks!

Thanks Tim will do...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search