Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

1) Subscription. 2) Vertical clearance map

Author
g
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
Still getting to grips with new SkyDemon App.

1) I took the free trial then went straight to a one month paid subscription.
I am sure I read somewhere that the free 30 days would be added to the 30 day paid subscription, but it hasn’t been added and I can’t find where I read it..
Can you help?

2)
On my first outing I planned a route from East to West, (right to left on the screen) but on flying the route the bottom screen, (height of planned flight and clearance of obstacles) showed me flying from left to right.

However, on flying back from West to East the lower screen also showed the route from West to East I.e. the same direction as the flight on the map above.

Is there a way to ensure the bottom “altitude” screen always follows the same direction of the flight on the map above?

Many thanks
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
gps - 5/30/2021 6:00:24 PM
Hi,
Still getting to grips with new SkyDemon App.

1) I took the free trial then went straight to a one month paid subscription.
I am sure I read somewhere that the free 30 days would be added to the 30 day paid subscription, but it hasn’t been added and I can’t find where I read it..
Can you help?

2)
On my first outing I planned a route from East to West, (right to left on the screen) but on flying the route the bottom screen, (height of planned flight and clearance of obstacles) showed me flying from left to right.

However, on flying back from West to East the lower screen also showed the route from West to East I.e. the same direction as the flight on the map above.

Is there a way to ensure the bottom “altitude” screen always follows the same direction of the flight on the map above?

Many thanks
2) What display would you expect, if you fly from north to south?

gps
g
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Thanks, Valid point, still getting used to it.
I was just wondering if there were any options available?
If going N to S or S to N I would probably prefer both going from L to R I.e. following normal reading direction.
But if going from E to W then I would prefer R to L i.e. following the path of flight.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
If you select 'Course Up' you will have consistency whichever direction you are flying in.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
What if you were flying SW to NE? That is a rhetorical question; virtual radar always shows a left-to-right journey which reflects how you are actually flying, not what you have planned. If what you're flying coincides with what you have planned, your route is overlaid there.

To answer your first question, a free trial is completely replaced if you purchase a subscription.

gps
g
Many thanks for reply.
Still getting used to SD but find it a great aid to flying.
In hindsight, it would have been better to start my paid subscription at the end of the free period.
Thanks
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search